Did you mean: 

Full fibre phone lines

FIXED
Norrette
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Full fibre phone lines

I've just noticed the small print on PNs blurb re moving to FTTP:

"Entering your landline number will help us provide the most accurate speed information. If your landline number has been active in the last 31 days, you should be able to keep it. We'll confirm this as part of your order."

Currently on FTTC but looking around now. My landline has no dial tone for some days, (local outage apparently) If this doesn't get fixed and I decide to move to FTTP in 31+ days or so, does that mean I can't keep my number?
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: Full fibre phone lines

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Fix

If you want to keep your number after moving to FTTP you will need to port it to a VoIP provieder.

PN do not supply a phone service anymore for new / moving accounts.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Norrette
Grafter

Ah! The website needs updating. It indicates they do provide them.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

I've just noticed the small print on PNs blurb re moving to FTTP:

"Entering your landline number will help us provide the most accurate speed information. If your landline number has been active in the last 31 days, you should be able to keep it. We'll confirm this as part of your order."

@Norrette could you possibly identify where that's showing please ? as if it says that, its not correct and needs changing.

Thanks.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Norrette
Grafter

Hi, it's where a new user enters their postcode to check for availability. Just under the boxes.

Just before "Full Fibre your questions"

https://www.plus.net/broadband/full-fibre/

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

@Norrette 

As stated, if you move to Full fibre with PN then you lose your phone service.

If your number matters to you you have 30 days to "port" it to a VOIP provider though it should be done ASAP after the cessation of your phone service. There are many VOIP providers out there but A&A get good reviews on here.

https://www.aa.net.uk/voice-and-mobile/voip-information/

VOIP doesn't work during power cuts so you need power backup for the ONT, the router and any Dect phones.

Brian

Edit : With Full Fibre you should get near the advertised speeds, up and down. Distance doesn't matter with fibre.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Norrette wrote:
Ah! The website needs updating. It indicates they do provide them.

After a good deal of digging I have found the relevant text - apparently the screen content in the area you referenced is different depending on the size of the viewport.  Said text is not displayed on a desktop viewport.  A mobile device view looks like this...

Screenshot 2024-04-30 121846.png

The above text states that you should be able to keep your NUMBER.  It does not state that Plusnet will provide that service.  the 31 days is key here, that is the quarantine / retention window after a number goes out of service during which it can be ported to another (VoIP) provider.

The text could be much clearer.  I have escalated that matter.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Norrette 

Thank you for the feedback here.

The SUs have received an update on the escalation - the text will be modified to be clearer about retention of the telephone number with a provider of your choice / not infer that Plusnet can supply a voice service.