cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Fee

wires

Cancellation Fee

Hi, I have 17 months left and was wondering if you can email me with my cancellation fee if I left Plusnet.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Cancellation Fee

@wires A quick answer to that is 17 times your monthly price, less a small amount to cover Plusnets savings, but you are best to contact them by phone to get an actual figure. Where are you going, if I may ask - just curious?

John
wires

Thats fine, ill give them a ring.  Im just currious at the moment as openreach FTTP isnt in my area, however an independent FTTP company called brsk.co.uk are coming to my area soon and offer very good deals and symetrical speeds like 900mbps upload and download (which openreach dont offer, which is strange to me in this day and age).

jab1
Legend

OK. If you did decide to go with them, don't forget you will have to contact PN to cancel your account.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@wires 

Are you aware that if you leave you lose both PN email and landline if you use them?

Email goes the day you leave. For your phone you have 30 days to port the number if required.

Brian

wires

Hi, yeah I know, plus I havent used an ISP email address for more than 20 years, for that very reason of every time changing ISP's having to start a fresh with a new email.  I also dont have a landline so no problem there either. Cheers.

andyt1970
Rising Star

17 x times your monthly amount? Eh?

So If I sign up to a new 18 month contract at say £25.99 a month stating 1st April, then move house and need to cancel I need to still pay them 17 months at £25.99

#Confused

jab1
Legend

Effectively yes - although you would be better off transferring your service to the new property - it will mean a new contract, but you have no termination fee in that case.

John
wires

Hi, they have this page (which you might have seen)

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/early-termination-charges/

But its vague "We deduct a value for our costs saved, for example £12, giving us £7.99."

I pay £26.99 a month with 17 months left, have rang them today and its deffinitly not £26.99 x 17, its more like roughly £8.50 a month x 17, but im guessing each customer is different and they take this into account when their system works out the cancellation fee.  The only way of knowing is ringing them and asking for the price.

jab1
Legend

Very interesting @wires , but as you say, you do need to ring them for this cost.

John
greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The phone line may disappear before e-mail does. There may be some hours before both events converge.

_Stuart_B
Dabbler

The worst thing is if they accidently cancel your broadband like they did with mine you get nothing.

temujin
Dabbler

Hi, did Plusnet give you a breakdown showing how they arrived at the "We deduct a value for our costs saved?

Their example equates to approx 50% of the monthly charges after any discounts.

I will be moving abroad hopefully and will need to break my contract, so just lining up all my ducks in a row before calling them, was it billing department you spoke to?

Regards

wires

Hi, no they didn't give me breakdown, just gave me full amount if I left that day.  I did call a week later to confirm the cancellation fee (just to make sure) and it had reduced a little bit, so it obviously is worked out day by day.  Maybe they would give you a breakdown if you asked them.  Regarding who I spoke to, I just went through the automated phone menus to get to customer service/billing department.  Just give them a ring and ask, its straight forward enough.