Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking Contract

FIXED
xswitchback
Grafter

Breaking Contract

I'd love some advice for my particular situation.

I entered a 12 month broadband contract end of May but suddenly, due to circumstances out of my control, I need to move out and head back to my parent's home. I'm worried about breaking the contract I took out and cannot just port it over to where I'm heading since my folks already have their own broadband contract with Plusnet.

How much will it be to break this contract, or will customer service take my complicated situation into account if I explain it? I can't help breaking contract given I'm being somewhat coerced out of my current home soon.

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: Breaking Contract

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Really sorry to hear of your predicament. Unfortunately a contract is a contract and you will have to pay for the rest of it. The charge will be your usual charge for each month, less a percentage for those months where you will not use your broadband. I think you will find the percentage in your T&Cs.

Best give them a ring as these forums are not always monitored by staff. This situation arises more and more in these difficult times and I hope everything works out for you. Best wishes

Mike

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Fix

Hi @xswitchback 

I’m sorry to hear about your circumstances.

I’d suggest calling the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and explain the situation. I can’t promise that termination fees can be waived though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
xswitchback
Grafter

Thank you so much.

I called the number your provided and explained my no-fault eviction notice. They cancelled my contract with no fees at all due to the circumstance being out of my control.

Despite the absolute stress of the past month, Plusnet pulls through once again. I hope others who end up in a similar situation can use mine as reassurance that this company isn't another heartless corp. Never hurts to try. Thank you.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see you're in a difficult situation at the moment and I'm really glad to see we could help with that.

All the best

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team