cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Issues after new contract …

Chris1230

Billing Issues after new contract …

Hi

I moved onto a new contract after it ended and they have billed me incorrectly for 3 consecutive months despite ringing up every month to correct and Plusnets repeated promises ‘this will not happen again’.

It would appear that I am being charged the ‘out of contract’ rate despite renewing ….. 3 times now !!!

I’m a frankly fed up and cancelled my direct debit and now be threatened with ‘restrictions’. I really can’t be bothered with phoning up, again, and being bounced around for over an hour to be told it is fixed for this to happen again.

Is anyone else keep having similar issues or is it just time to move to a better provider ?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Billing Issues after new contract …

Unfortunately, Plusnet appear to have a history of billing problems judging by my experience and the various posts on these fora. They allegedly updated / replaced their billing system several years ago saying that the previous system was no longer fit for purpose but the new system still seems to have too many issues especially relating to the correct application of discounts whether due to inherent problems in the system or inadequate training / application / diligence of staff. I suspect that it is basically the former.

You could always raise a formal complaint (see the link at the foot of the page (Complaints Code of Practice.> How to Complain about our Broadband...> Online Ticket) and that will give you a hard trail of the dialogue between you and Plusnet. You should also get a dedicated handler and not be passed to any staffer. It also avoids hanging on the telephone. You need to be logged into your account via the Members Centre.

I am not sure that cancelling your direct debit is a wise course of action as that will just give you more issues to deal with.

Good luck.

Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Agree with @jgb re Plusnet's somewhat chequered history with its billing systems, you wouldn't think it would be be so hard to get this right.
Plusnet have a legal duty to bill its customers accurately and correct any errors within defined timescales.
Rather than cancelling your direct debit, which will cause you more issues I suggest you contact your bank and raise this under the direct debit guarantee scheme.
You are likely to get any overpayments refunded more quickly this way.
You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @Chris1230 

I'm really sorry for what has happened.

I've fixed the problem so you should be billed correctly moving forward. I can't go into more detail here, so I've also dropped you an email. In the unlikely event this happens again, please let me know. 

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mindmagic
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Oh dear. I'm thinking about staying with PN when my 2-year contract expires in March, but I remember the aggravation that I had the last two times that I renewed. If it's going to happen again perhaps I should look elsewhere.