cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baffling failed payment redirect problems

alanbboyd
Dabbler

Re: Baffling failed payment redirect problems

Finally.... after 53 minutes listening to a selection of northern artists I got through to a helpful and competent person. Switched me to a new static IP address and the problem has been resolved.
No immediate explanation as to why http requests from that static IP address were being blocked, but I'll settle for a fault resolution.
Just one plea to Plusnet management.... change the on-hold music, or at least reduce the rate of repetition.
Mich4el

yes i've encountered a couple of  'helpful and competent persons' , but its about three weeks now since my initial contact and altho both of them have confirmed there's not a problem, i am still 'restricted' .....   
Phoenix2312

Well, It seems I am having the same issues... And more!

In the last month - My internet connection has been interrupted FREQUENTLY... Which has not left me very happy with the Plusnet Service...

I knew my bill was soon to be due - I was prepared for it arriving last week - Except... It didn't! Very confusing...

Then last Night I got an email about my direct debit... Which went out within 24 hours BEFORE I had funds available!

Normally - Plusnet send this notification THREE DAYS BEFORE!

This does not always worry me... Sadly, due to having had to return to JSA since I took out my account with Plusnet - It is just a minor issue as the payment date normally falls between my payment dates... Normally - I will be redirected and simply click to 'Promise to pay within 14 Days'.

BUT... Needless to say it will NOT do this!!! Going to try a Router reset.. but overall - I am going to be very honest... My 12 Month contract is almost over... And I WILL NOT BE RENEWING!

I am sorry Plusnet but your service has not been 100% reliable... And I can get a cheaper alternative with GUARANTEED SPEEDS.

If after a full on Router Reset I still cannot get redirected to the correct page... Then yeah - Sorry but you will be sure to be losing a customer which is sad as overall I have found you mos of the time to be the most polite and helpful of all ISP's... But I want reliability and you cannot offer that!

Phoenix2312

Here is the real kicker with that issue as well... Regardless of Browser and knowing WHERE I am supposed to be being redirected to... I CAN STILL WATCH YOUTUBE!!! I just CANNOT get to the Plusnet Failed Billing Page or reach ANY OTHER WEBSITE!

So, Its restricted but NOT restricted? Go figure!!!!

EDIT: Well blow me down! Router Reset worked!!! All is well now... My bill will be fully paid very shortly, but DAMN that was hard work!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Phoenix2312,

I'm very sorry for the issues that you have had with the splash screen this month and for the inconvenience that this has caused you. I'm glad to hear that your services are back to normal now.

Please let us know if you experience any further problems next month.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@EmilyD  as per usual this happened again to me Sad

OOOOOOOOPs we cant show that page Angry again and again it still happening , i cannot believe Plusnet has not managed to fix this YET

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @rongtw,

I'm sorry that this has happened again and for the inconvenience that this has caused. I've removed the restriction from this side for you and your services should be back to normal right away. I've passed feedback onto our billing system regarding this issue and the fact that it is still not resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team