cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outstanding credit on closed account

arctophile196
Hooked

Outstanding credit on closed account

I transferred my mobile away from Plusnet at the beginning of December 2023 however I still have a small outstanding credit on the account which I still haven't received.  I've kept open the DD to be able to receive this

Grateful for help in resolving this!

12 REPLIES 12
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Outstanding credit on closed account

I'm in exactly the same place ! Left using PAC in January - small credit showing on Feb "bill" . Was going to cancel the DD today until I realised that the credit has not been repaid yet. Any chance of getting it back ?Huh

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@davidj66 if the Feb bill was the first to show in credit, then providing the DD is still in place, it SHOULD be automatically paid to your bank before the March bill. That bll will then show the payment as a debit, giving a balance of zero. That should be the last bill you receive.i

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

arctophile196
Hooked

With regard to my issue as I was the OP,  I have now has the same message about credit being applied to my account in January, February and now March!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@arctophile196 sorry for not replying to your initial post.

I did say SHOULD be refunded automatically between your first bill showing the credit and the next bill. However there do seem to be accounts where it doesnt happen automatically for some reason. If you've already receieved 2 bills with the credit showing then you can either wait for a staff member to pick up this thread or call customer services.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

I migrated in November, and I had 3 successive bills showing the credit owing and no charge - it was only Gandalf that finally got the cheque sent out to me a couple of weeks ago. I'm still waiting for the next bill which should show a zero balance.

Last year it seemed to happen automatically (the first 2 accounts I migrated did), but there seem to be a lot getting stuck nowadays.

arctophile196
Hooked

Thanks to @willcutforth for sorting this out for me!

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

My outstanding credit has appeared back in my current account. Not sure if this was "automatic" (altho' a different date from my previous payment date) or the input of  @wilcutforth whom I'd messaged. Either way now sorted - thank you and goodbye PN Mobile.

molerat
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The system worked fine for me.  Ported13th, bill 22nd, credit in my bank account today 28th.

Just have to wait and see how 2nd SIM goes next month.

molerat
Rising Star

2nd account billed 7th and refund in the bank today 11th.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Had my credit refunded about 1 month ago - yesterday received a bill for April showing the credit still outstanding!

Wonder if I'll get another refund  ? LOL

molerat
Rising Star

And both accounts now reporting as settled at porting out date on TransUnion credit file.

molerat
Rising Star

@molerat wrote:

The system worked fine for me.  Ported13th, bill 22nd, credit in my bank account today 28th.

Just have to wait and see how 2nd SIM goes next month.

Bill today with a "charge" for the last bill credit amount that was refunded to my bank to bring my account balance to £0.00 so all good.