cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close account

Coco2

Close account

I already change to another mobile network supplier but still received an email for bills, please help to close my account
14 REPLIES 14
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Close account

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@Coco2 - Hiya, did you get our message? It would be nice to check your account but as we can't close accounts or generate PAC codes over social media it may be that you will need to contact us anyway on 500 /  0800 079 1133. If we don't hear from you, all the best.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Coco2

I already got the PAC code and switched to another supplier, and Plusnet already stopped to provide service for my sim on early last month so I would like to clarify what’s the bills I’m now receiving, did my account already closed? Thank you!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Plusnet already stopped to provide service for my sim on early last month so I would like to clarify what’s the bills I’m now receiving

You will receive notification ( on your normal monthly bill date ) of at least two bills following your transfer to another supplier.

The first should show the account in credit ( since you pay a month in advance ) for the part month following your transfer. Sometime between that bill and the next, you should get the credit amount refunded to your bank account, providing the direct debit is still in place. The second bill should show the refund as a charge , thus cancelling the credit to give a balance of zero, at which point your account SHOULD close and you receive no further bill notifications.

That's how it should work but sometimes the refund seems to be delayed, thus causing further bills showing the account in credit

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dlui88
Hooked

I asked for advice on this forum a month ago about closing my mobile account because it is impossible that I am living abroad. I received 3 private messages offering assistance from the Plusnet help team within a week. Bot total silence since. Meanwhile I continue to pay for services that I can no longer use or need. Thinking of just cancelling the direct debit mandate but would prefer a proper resolution.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 28

Good morning, I can see James was waiting for you to finish answering DPA questions before going anything further, as this was never provided he was unable to do anything further. 

However, to cancel your account, you will need to call our cancellations team to do this. You can call them on 500 from your Plusnet mobile or +447953966500 from abroad. 

If you're not calling from a Plusnet mobile, you can call us on +443451400200.

Unfortunately, you will need to call in order to cancel your account.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
dlui88
Hooked

James in his last private message asked for my DOB which I duly replied. What is he waiting for?
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 28

The message you've sent across hasn't been received, looking at the DM's the last message I can see is James's. I'm not sure what's happened there.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
dlui88
Hooked

Obviously an error, something or someone. All my messages are still posted and still there for us to see. Never mind, thank you for your help. Managed to get through to the Cancellation team with the mobile number you provided. All sorted.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@csmith94 I suspect there is a problem with some DMs - a few months ago I had a protracted exchange with James and he never received any of my PMs, although I received his. There has also been mention from others that their DMs to James were not received. 

NickBS
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

@dlui88 wrote:
James in his last private message asked for my DOB which I duly replied. What is he waiting for?

Do you have the sent time stamp on this specific message @dlui88 ? Should be at the top of the PM message. 

Also, is there a 'Read' timestamp at all?

Will look to dig a little deeper on why this wasn't received.

dlui88
Hooked

Sent 14/3/2024 a 6:24am
Not sure what is the read time stamp.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@dlui88 

The READ time stamp should appear below the SENT time stamp.

If the PM remains unread, it will have a highlight bar to the left of the SENT MESSAGES list.

@NickBS 

Given staff do not read PMs direct in the forum, but they are read via LSR (as discussed elsewhere), is it more likely that the read flag does not get set for the PM message within the forum?  Thereby customers might have no direct confirmation that their PMs have been picked up.

One to add to your query with the product vendor?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NickBS
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

Yes - we've replicated this @Townman. Read stamp does not pull through and the conversation has been picked up with Khoros.