Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another 'Moving to EE' set of questions

Pete_uk
Grafter

Another 'Moving to EE' set of questions

Hello

I'm thinking of moving to EE from PlusNet and I am wondering what the process is to keep my number and cancel my PlusNet (mobile) account?

Thanks you:)

7 REPLIES 7
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Another 'Moving to EE' set of questions

Having just trialled using the PN mobile website to move from PN to EE and keep my number ,it looks like you still have to text PN to get a PAC code to bung on the EE site.

Inputting the code (and EE using it) when you purchase an EE plan automatically cancels the PN contract. 

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Morning @Pete_uk , it's exactly as @davidj66 said:

To keep your number you'll need a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). Text PAC to 65075. It's free and quick. Around 60 seconds later you'll get your code. Once you use it with your new supplier your account with us will close and you will either be billed or credited for the service you use. After that bill or credit you will receive 1 last bill that say's £0 and that effectively means it is closed. Does that make sense?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

@willcutforth - just to clarify - if you "click thru" from your PN account webpage a code appears when you confirm your mobile number - is this the PAC or do you still have to text to get the code ?Huh

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Our PAC's start with TSL followed by 6 numbers, does this match what you have?  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm guessing you're talking about the code for EE deals, that's different to the PAC code which you have to get by texting PN.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro

No the code starts QSW - So not the PAC. Doesn't seem to do anything as you can click thru to EE deals without "copying the code" !!

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Nay bother so from ya mobile PAC to 65075. Follow the steps and around 60 seconds later you'll get your code.

You the other code you can use to get your special deal for being a Plusnet customer.  

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team