Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

Atlanticboy
Hooked

Hi,

Hi everyone, 

As I think with most people on here are, I joined because I have a question regarding my router. However after joining this forum/community I now find that I have a problem using and trying to post on here as well 🫣

First problem was when I tried to add an image to a post, it just wouldn't go, it wasn't over the image size limit. Then secondly I ended up with multiple repeat images in my Album but can't find any way of deleting them. I've searched but can't find any posts with similar problems, (unless I'm not using the right buzz words).

I'm using an Android tablet to access this site but I don't think that should make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Hi,

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I can't help with the problem, but one of m'learned friends will be along soon... 🤞

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

Hi @Atlanticboy 

when viewing a community page you need to enable desktop site in the browser, for chrome touch the three dots right corner

Screenshot_20240228_134627_Chrome.jpg

To attach the picture select   landscape icon.png above the reply box

HTH

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Atlanticboy wrote:

I ended up with multiple repeat images in my Album but can't find any way of deleting them.

Once in "Desktop site" mode, to delete images from the Album, if you hover the cursor over the unwanted image, an 'X' should appear in the top right corner of the image thumbnail, which when clicked on will ask "Are you sure you want to delete this image?", then click on <Yes>

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Atlanticboy 

You need to make a set number of posts (3 I believe) before you can attach a file.

Brian

Atlanticboy
Hooked

Thanks Dan,

after reading your reply and others I couldn't help getting the feeling that maybe Plusnet is a subsidiary of the Vogon Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council?

I don't know whether you're familiar with the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy series where the Earth's in pending destruction orders have been on display in the local planning department on Alpha Centauri for fifty years and the Vogons were very surprised that no one from Earth had been bothered to look at them?

I other words I think it would be useful if there had been something a bit more prominent in the announcements section about Desktop and Android, I searched using words like "how to upload images" and a few others. 

But, as I say thanks again Dan it's just a shame that my first attempt to join in was a frustrating/negative one.

I'll try your suggestions tomorrow.

All the best.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Good luck, and watch out for the leopard! 😉

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anonymous
Not applicable

🐆

Atlanticboy
Hooked

😂😂😂😂

I forgot about the Leopard reference and I think it should be repeated and given it's full context. 

“But the plans were on display…”

“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”

“That’s the display department.”

“With a flashlight.”

“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”

“So had the stairs.”

“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”

“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

Perhaps I should have asked first on here if in the Topics section there is the heading "Locked filing cabinet Beware of the Leopard". Then I would have found the answer straight away.

Mav
Fixes: 515

@Atlanticboy wrote:

I other words I think it would be useful if there had been something a bit more prominent in the announcements section about Desktop and Android, I searched using words like "how to upload images" and a few others. 

The restriction regarding the number of posts was put in place to help reduce the number of spammers upsetting the community particularly with spam PM's. If this was announced it could change the effectiveness of the anti-spam measures.

HTH

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still