cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup of "Digital Voice" on hub 2 with third party number hosting and analogue phones

G6JPG-0

Re: Setup of "Digital Voice" on hub 2 with third party number hosting and analogue phones

Does that ATA support pulse dialling? The page does not say.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Setup of "Digital Voice" on hub 2 with third party number hosting and analogue phones

@G6JPG-0 

"Does that ATA support pulse dialling?"

Are you referring to the Gigaset N300, mentioned on page 1 of this thread?

If so, it looks like it does, (I don't have VOIP myself).

Here is a link to the manual:

https://gse.gigaset.com/fileadmin/legacy-assets/CustomerCare/Manuals/N300-N300A_IP/A31008-M2214-L101...

On page 175, "General Specifications", it says "Dialling mode DTMF (tone dialling)/PD (pulse dialling)"

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@Mr_Paul the pulse dialling support in the N300 relates to the dialling mode it will use on its fixed line connection (which isnt being used here) .

I think @G6JPG-0 is referring to the use of pulse dialling phones with the Grandstream ATA mentioned earlier.

Apparently it can support it

Can support pulse dialling handsets - FXS Port, Enable Pulse Dialing, select Yes. As a bonus, this allows a pulse dialling handset to interact with IVR systems - at least until the system asks you to press '*' or '#'.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

G6JPG-0

Thanks - yes, I was asking about the ATA mentioned (sorry, new to this forum - I thought it showed what post I was responding to), and yes, I was wondering about ability to use pulse dialling 'phones with the ATA.

Good point about it enabling you to use pulsers with menuing systems (until they ask for # or *) - I hadn't thought of that!

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I was referring to (major) exchange installations - and their power backup/failover capabilities and the testing thereof. Not my own connection.

Just a-thinkin' back to a couple of 'punctuation marks' (not ";" or ":", but ".") that occured in my own life in industry Smiley