cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to Full Fibre on Porting to VOIP

CapGrumpy
Hooked

Move to Full Fibre on Porting to VOIP

I just have gone to full Fibre and tried to port my number to my VOIP but got this message back.

Your porting request for number XXXXXXXXX  has been rejected for the following reason:

Open order on line

We haven't been told any more information other than this. Are you aware of any open orders? Please could you check with your current provider if not?

We will have to wait until the order has cleared before we can resubmit the request

At the current time I am busy - does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this as loosing my landline number would be disastrous for me. 

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Move to Full Fibre on Porting to VOIP

Who is your VoIP provider? From what I have read on this forum, almost all of them, with the honourable exception of A&A, will fail at this, as it requires manual intervention.

@bmc may have suggestions, though.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

I just have gone to full Fibre and tried to port my number to my VOIP but got this message back.

@CapGrumpy  have you just placed the order for Full fibre ?

You need to wait until the Full fibre has been installed. The Open order is probably a future cease on the landline, to coincide with Full fibre installation.

Once the FF is installed , then request the port. You have 31 days from the cease, to complete any number port which will normally take around 5 days.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@jab1 

I don't have VOIP so all I know is gleaned from this Forum.

@CapGrumpy 

When you install Full fibre your number is "ceased" which causes problems with the automatic systems for number porting used by  VOIP providers. They can't handle it.

A&A are one exception in that their Support group are happy to phone to get a manual port done when the automatic port fails. Some other providers are not prepared to put the effort in.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

@jab1 @bmc 

I dont think this is the typical problem with some voip suppliers failing to port ceased numbers.

Your porting request for number XXXXXXXXX  has been rejected for the following reason:
Open order on line

I may be wrong but this looks like there is an open future cease order which hasn't completed yet. Presumably placed by PN as part of the FF upgrade. If thats the case it will block any port order from other suppliers until it actually completes and ceases the line

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.