my53rdchoice
Grafter

Is this the worst migration ever? - Now changed to "This IS the worst ...."

hi,
I am having the worst nightmare ever on my migration
everything seems to be going wrong
no one is able to help me
The story so far.
2/4 I start migration from be to plusnet for phone and also FTTC internet.
On the 3rd April I ask that the installation date is changed and this logged with plusnet
I book a days holiday off for the installation date
all going fine until
10/4 my line goes dead
this seems to be an unrelated simple crossed wire as my number was being routed into my neighbours house
as a result I have now lost internet and land line.
Be say they can not help as plusnet have put a cease order on the line which stops them raising faults to BT
Plusnet say they can not help as they are not due to take over the line till the 24th
I Can't contact BT as I can't find any number and their website just directs me Be
To make matters worse (oh and it carries on this way)
BT never acknowledged my change of installation date and turned up when no one was in
I only found this out by pure chance today as again no one told me this and I nearly wasted a days holiday waiting for BT to turn up when there weren't going to.
I ask plusnet for a new fibre installation date and they say I have to wait 2 more weeks now because of the missed appointment which was all BT/Plusnets fault!
so, back to my no phone/internet
I ask my neightbour to report the fault as no one else can help hoping this will resolve it
He does and within 4 hours BT come and fix it
I manage to catch the engineer (by chance) and speak to him
He says he knows of my fault and confirmed what had happened but said he has not fixed it my line at all
This is because he has a, not been asked to and b, he doesn't have the necessery info to do it
As such my line has just now been completly disconected and just rings out
I am now getting vague messages from plusnet that my phone installation has been canceled?  Why?
Does this mean that I will not get my line fixed until after the 24th?
Who is my line with?  I have canceled my old provider and plusnet have canceled the receipt at their end
But obviously plusnet still can't install the fibre as I have no line so how's that work?
Frankly the whole situation is [Censored]
no one is giving any answers
What people do tell me is generally contadictory and just blames someone else
no one is offering to help or any solutions
no one can tell me when or even if my phone line will be reconnected
Frankly I knew BT were bad but this whole thing is making me think that the migration to plusnet was a very very bad idea
Anyone any idea?
93 REPLIES 93
my53rdchoice
Grafter

Re: Is this the worst migration ever

right,
read the message from plusnet
they have canceled the phone migration to allow the fibre to go ahead (in a further 2 weeks, cheers guys)
however, as I explained
how can they do the fibre installation if my phone line is not connected to anything?
also
this won't the phone cancelation delay the phone migration further (was set for 24/4)
I need the phone migration to complete because until someone takes responsability for my line no one will raise the simple bloody fault to BT?
GAGHGHH
smasher
Dabbler

If your migrating the landline and broadband from BEthere the landline has to come 1st otherewise if you get the broadband transferred 1st BE will terminate the landline and you will have no landline or broadband, nearly happened to me http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113830.0.html
Sounds like your fibre install was yesterday, BT/Plusnet started the fibre install hence BE then terminated your landline so now you have no landline or broadband, its not going to go well I fear,  apologies if i've got the wrong idea from your posts.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had here. I'm just working through the full history of the problem now to see what can be done and I'll do my best to make sure we're handing this urgently and appropriately for you.
I can understand how you feel and that there are a number of different aspects to this issue so I'll do my best to simplify and clarify what's happened, what's due to happen next and outline exactly and honestly what we can or perhaps can't do to help you with this.
Be say they can not help as plusnet have put a cease order on the line which stops them raising faults to BT

I can state confidently that isn't actually right. I can sense that you're feeling a bit stick in the middle hear so I'll explain as best I can why that's the case. Only the company that owns the line can raise a cease order so there's no way we could have done that, even in error. We've submitted a different order to transfer the line over so the issue with loss of service would either be a fault that Be need to help you with or they've ceased it unfortunately.
In order to get the fibre order moving we've cancelled our current line transfer order, I believe this has also been done to assist in you getting the issue with the loss of service resolved with Be. We can only process one order at a time (i.e phone and broadband) when a phone service is being transferred. There should be no reason we see why the fibre install should fail. As one of my colleagues has added to ticket 68192436 we'll transfer the line after the fibre install for you.
So in short, as much as we'd like to be able to we can't help you with the loss of service as it's not down to us I'm afraid but I will ensure that your fibre order is monitored and that your order for phone is placed after that without delay.
I really hope this clarifies where things stand with the issue and don't hesitate to reply if you have any more questions for us or perhaps just want to discuss this further.
Adam
EDIT:
Just an update as you replied whilst I was typing my response
for my line no one will raise the simple bloody fault to BT?

We understand and feel your frustration but that definitely is something you need to raise with your current provider.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
smasher
Dabbler

Sorry fro sticking my nose in again but Adam you stated "As one of my colleagues has added to ticket 68192436 we'll transfer the line after the fibre install for you"
If the poster has landline and broadband currently with BE then you cannot do it that way, the landline has to move 1st, BE dont do a landline only service unlike otheres, when you migrate the broadband they terminate the landline, hopefully the original poster doesnt have BEthere landline and broadband.
my53rdchoice
Grafter

i have raised it with Be,  they blame you and refuse to help
bit like you blaming be and you refusing to help
I all hear is lots of blame and no help
my neighbour got his line fixed with in hours and the bt engineer knew my line was fragged and just left it that way
also, even if you do physically install the fibire (which is taking you over 3 weeks to do) will it even work given that the phone line is not connected to anything?
I have be landline and broadband, yes both are on a cancelation deadline, yes both are not working
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

bit like you blaming be and you refusing to help

OK, I hope I've made it clear that we don't wish to play the blame game at all, it doesn't help anyone. I thought it best to explain exactly what we can and can't help you with and as mentioned I know you must be feeling stuck in the middle, it isn't nice.
also, even if you do physically install the fibire (which is taking you over 3 weeks to do) will it even work given that the phone line is not connected to anything?

The physical copper line will still be in place which is what's needed for FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) so I can't see any reason why it won't.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
my53rdchoice
Grafter

Update from Be
As a last resort I have double-checked everything. I can see that the "cease" order has been cancelled, so we can try to raise a manual fault with BT. However, I can`t guarantee that will fix anything, since the fault can be rejected by BT. Once we log the fault, we will get a reply in the next 4-5h. Is it going to be convenient for you to speak over the phone in 4-5 hours, because we might need to schedule an engineer visit should the fault goes through.
Furthermore, this cancelled cease can cause further troubles for your migration. We cannot provide you only with a landline service, therefore once your broadband is cancelled we are going to cancel your phone line aswell. I am not aware of your negotiations with PlusNet and if you are migrating the landline with them, too. As a personal advice, go and check with PlusNet what is going on with your order and if they will be taking over your phone line to avoid any further complications.

So the transfer of the broadband is going to cause me issues with the landline?
smasher
Dabbler

as I said m8, you gotta migrate the landline before the fibre install
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

you gotta migrate the landline before the fibre install

No we don't actually need to. The only thing we can't do is handle both orders at the same time.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
my53rdchoice
Grafter

oh god
This is turning into an utter nightmare
the advice comeing from be is contradictory
just read the posting on the Plusnet forum, which is the only place where you mention that you're migrating phone service and broadband.
As Nkostadinov has just alluded to, you're about to have big problems anyway. You have to migrate the phone line away from BE before you migrate the broadband away. If you try to migrate the broadband first, you run the risk of losing the phone line and your current telephone number.
I suggest you cancel everything with Plusnet, get the line fixed by BE, and then start again.

In particular consider cancelling the migration totally, getting the problem fixed then starting again SLOWLY and IN STAGES as suggested there:
1. Switch landline (to PN if that's what you want) away from Be
2. Switch Broadband (again to PN if that's your choice)
3. Switch to Fibre

I didn't do anything unusual surely?
I just tried to migrate the phone and the internet from the same person to the same person
why is it so difficult?
As to line, I just want a BT man to come and fix it
they fixed next doors, it was easy
I'd make him a coffee?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
we don't actually need to.

Maybe "YOU" technically don't but surely you're aware that Be ONLY provide a landline as an adjunct to a broadband service.
So, any action that cancels the Be broadband will also cancel the phone service.
Quote from: smasher
as I said m8, you gotta migrate the landline before the fibre install
Subsound

I've just moved over from Be and did not get the landline switched over first. Once I'd cancelled my Be service and used my mac to order service from Plusnet I got an email from Be saying that the landline would cease in one month's time because you can't have a Be landline without Be broadband. It pointed out that I should make sure I ordered a phone service from someone else 10 days prior to the cease date.
The broadband switched as planned and the phone switched a couple of weeks later - no problems at all.
Speaking from experience, I think Be are all over the place at the moment since the Sky sale announcement - even on their own forums, it's clear that the way that migrations are being handled are inconsistent at best. There are all sorts of claims of bogus termination charges, phones cut off etc. I must have got lucky - my sympathies to those who haven't been as fortunate.
my53rdchoice
Grafter

hi,
that is good to hear,
there is debate on the be forums about the 30 day phone only period and I have asked be to confirm it which they have not done so yet.
in other good news, be have raised a manual fault to BT who are sending an engineer to fix the line today (here's hoping)
Now I just need Plusnet to get their act together after the failed fibre install and canceled phone migration meaning that despite being in the process for 12 days I am still at day 1.
picbits
Rising Star

From a more positive point of view, I moved from BE to PN in Jan just before the news of the Sky takeover.
I'd been reading the BE forums regularly, seen the increasing issues BE customers were having, the promises of FTTC which never materialised and a promise of my local exchange being upgraded "in a few months" but a year and a half later was no closer. I had a growing unease with BE and decided to make the move to PN.
My move from BE to PN (with a BT line I may add) was pretty seamless with the only issues coming from BE with strange messages about cancelling my service, the customary phantom cancellation charges (I had 3 seperate differing bills at the end) and instant removal of my account login so I couldn't check invoices or go on the forums (there is a way in to the forum through beusergroup).
My Plusnet connection has not been faultless. It has been what I'd class as "very good" though. My speeds have gone from 5-6Mb/s down and 0.8Mb/s upload to 72Mb/s and 18Mb/s. Uptime I'd estimate at >99.5% and when I had a line fault on a saturday I managed to get through to the faults team within 2 minutes. Ping times are <10ms consistently and during peak times the minimum speed I see is between 55Mb/s and 65Mb/s (on a bad day !). Often I still get the full 72Mb/s during peak times.
Overall for the service I get vs the money I pay for it, I have no complaints. With a bit of luck when you eventually get your issues sorted you'll be as happy as me Smiley