I dunno, but they have 35 mins left if that is the case
Here's hoping
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Is this the worst migration ever

@my53rdchoice
really sorry to disappoint but I can see an issue on the order and it's been cancelled so the engineer won't be visiting today.
I'm sorry we weren't able to make you aware of this any sooner. I'm chasing this right now to find out what's transpired so I'll be in touch as soon as I've done that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
my53rdchoice
Grafter

Re: Is this the worst migration ever

W T F !
I have taken a whole day off work for this second failed installation and you now tell me on the public forum rather than giving any advance personal warning?
Can I have a manager to call me now to tell me how you are going to short out this sorry piece of junk about how poorly you manage what should be a simple migration
I suppose I am going to have to wait 2 more frickin weeks for a third installation date and have to lose another days wage just because you lot can't organise anything?
Plus this is going to mess up the phone installation, my MAC code expires in a few days, my cancelation with my current provider is due to expire so how's that all going to work?
I have paid money up front for a service[/i ]and this is how you treat me?  I suspect I am going to be dual billed for second month due to this incompetence?
Apparently someone in your call centre was personally managing my migration due to all the issues, well isn't he doing well
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Re: Is this the worst migration ever? - Now changed to "This IS the worst ...."

Cheers for your time on the phone just now and I hope I answered your questions for you.
I understand how infuriating this must be especially for a second appointment.
As promised I've taken ownership of the issue and will make sure a new appointment is expedited for you ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
my53rdchoice
Grafter

so,
still waiting on my third fibre installation date so that the phone transfer can then be started
My MAC code and 1 month cancelation notice expire on the 28th so at that point I expect things to become more painful
However, the main problem with the fibre installation is that I need an extention fitting and I need to be in (rather than the wife) so that I can get the phone cables to run under the floorboards rather than around all my rooms.  Can anyone tell me what this extention consists off?  Is it a generic cat5 network cable and socket or something unique?
picbits
Rising Star

You can plug a standard RJ45 plug into the new VDSL socket - you can also use an RJ45 to RJ45 coupler at the other end so you can plug the RJ11 plug to the modem into it.
I used a CAT5 patch cable between my VDSL socket and a CAT5 faceplate I fitted next to it then ran CAT5e cable from the faceplate to where I wanted my modem, put another CAT5e faceplate there and plugged the modem in - no problems at all.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You could pre-install a Cat 5e Ethernet cable (up to 100 metres long) to go between the modem and the router. If there's power near the master socket for the modem that would be a very good solution.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
my53rdchoice
Grafter

No power anywhere near the master socket at all
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Ah! I understand your problem.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
picbits
Rising Star

You can still use a CAT5e to extend quite easily - just keep it as short as you can.
Here is how mine worked - the master socket was up in the bedroom and the wife objected to all the flashing lights etc so I moved it elsewhere.
my53rdchoice
Grafter

I am currently still waiting on an expedited fibre installation date and in limbo again
my53rdchoice
Grafter

aannnnnnnnnnnnd as predicted
my previous provider has now ceased providing a service and PN have utterly failed to activate my fibre or landline
So, back to no phone or internet
A quality migration guys
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

my previous provider has now ceased providing a service and PN have utterly failed to activate my fibre or landline

This hasn't happened due to anything done by us. As you know our attempts to migrate you over to us have so far been cancelled so this will be due to your current provider and needs to be raised with them.
In case you're wondering a migration does not involve one ISP ceasing the service and another activating it, it's designed to be a smooth transfer of services and should involve very little or no down time.
Sorry to hear this has happened but you definitely need to raise this with the current provider
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
This hasn't happened due to anything done by us.

I think you need to talk to "your suppliers" as that statement may not be correct.
I can see both sides of this in various forums and the other ISP are saying quite clearly that the line has been taken away from them. They're very willing to help but are powerless.  Cry
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
it's designed to be a smooth transfer of services
Maybe, but it's gone very wrong this time.
my53rdchoice
Grafter

hi,
it's happened as I canceled my service with them as part of the migration process as per all the previous notes.
I thought that 4 weeks would be sufficient to handle the migration and I have been warning of this deadline re the MAC code and cancelation in this thread and to the people I have been speaking to. 
As such this is not a surprise to me and I am confused as to why it is a surprise to you.
You have already started billing me and I do not see why I should be billed by you and have to maintain a service/charge from the previous ISP?
I have done nothing wrong
I have done everything that I have been asked to
I have followed the proceedures properly
The question on mine and everyones lips is....
when is this going to be resolved?