cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect charges now being made on anytime+

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Incorrect charges now being made on anytime+

my calls have been updated but I have still got £2.51 charge for call from 30 Nov to 3 Dec, this also gives an incorrect no of minutes left
Edit  see below
Anon
Pro

I have now been billed and there appears to be incorrect charges for early December, I have raised a ticket, but are there any assurances that PN will now check all their customers bills for this period to ensure they have removed all erroneous items.
Plus give us less notice than the industry standard of 10 working days to check DD payments, so these are now going through wrongly. They should offer enough time for people to check what is being deducted from their account and they don't offer that, sadly.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The service status says "We have now finished processing all refunds and credit adjustments, and all customers affected will have a ticket on their account advising which action was taken in their case."
I was billed for a call made on December 2nd and have seen no ticket or refund.
I am on the Anytime (240) tariff.
Update: My account has been credited after I raised a ticket. I wonder how many other people were missed by the automatic process.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I phoned the CSC and got a manual added rebate
Anon
Pro

Looks to me as though Pn know that they have not given all the rebates that should be given. Looks as though only if one finds them does one get a rebate.
Sadly, that feels like the old plusnet to me
Is any staff willing to say that all accounts have now been checked and there is no customer that needed a rebate that has not had one?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Anon
Is any staff willing to say that all accounts have now been checked and there is no customer that needed a rebate that has not had one?

Yes. I will.
Our development team clean up after problems like this as part of the problem fix. If there are any exceptions that cannot be resolved automatically, then an internal task is raised to ensure that any necessary manual cleanup work is done prior to the problem being closed.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: orbrey
Quote from: Anon

Yes. I will.

That statement from Matt is guaranteed to generate a response. My open ticket requesting a refund (ID: 27372099) has yet to be resolved. Latest response from CSC is that PID 543836 is still open.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and what about the people who dont see this forum,  OK I did get a manual rebate after iI complained as the bill was due 23rd Dec, but it should have been cleared from my account and hasnt been for the period 29 Nov to 3rd Dec
Anon
Pro

So why are people like me and others here asking for refunds when they have not been picked up by the system. I did register as one of the ones having problems and still it was not cleaned up by the PN team.
Feels like the old PN's smoke and mirrors, obviously still have the staff who were brilliant at this.
Lets then just postulate, will PN now offer anyone who has been overcharged and not refunded yet a compensation package of say £50 on top of any refunds that would be due?
If they are willing to put their money where their mouth is then we might take them seriously.
I hope that anyone posting on threads outside PN's own forum will pick this up, so that others who post on external forums can see the issue 1 with PN and 2 with their own accounts.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right. I've done some looking into this and yes, indeed there are some accounts that have been missed. I've discussed it with the development team and they're investigating and all refunds will be issued as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

On January 2nd, having seen a status report saying that everyone's account had been sorted, I booked ticket 27436000 saying that was not the case for me. I received a response to the ticket saying that my next monthly subscription would be discounted by an appropriate amount. Looking at my HomePhone account summary I can see no evidence of this. I will be billed in the next couple of days so I'll be watching to see what actually happens.
Updated 11 Jan : My bill was reduced as promised.
James
Grafter

Hi Alan,
As MAtt mentions, we've found a number of account that weren't refunded which we'll make sure will be as soon as possible.
We'll have an update for you once we've been informed that these have been done.
baldrick
Grafter

I am still waiting for my refund. More irritating is that no-one has yet bothered to respond to a ticket on this subject (27287631) that I sent at 5pm yesterday. PN are not exactly covering themselves with glory over this. I fully accept that there's not much money at stake, it's just the chaotic costing systems that PN seem to be running that really bothers me. Maybe PN should consider a root and branch review of their software control procedures!
James
Grafter

Hi Baldrick,
I'm sorry that you haven't recevied a reply as of yet.  Matt's currently working through all the customers who are due to receive a refund and "won't be leaving until he's done".
Customers should see tickets informing them of this tomorrow.
baldrick
Grafter

Thanks James, this makes me feel much better about it.
I do however hope that PN examine their design review procedures. I know that when you're up against a deadline there never seems to be enough time to fit in a proper review but this is a classic example of the cost of not doing the job properly the first time around. Experience doesn't come cheap so I truly hope that those concerned learn from it.