cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thompson 585v7 Port Forward Problem

torbayguy
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Don't Support Port forwarding. Or XBOX LIVE

I plugged my xbox into my router, and there you go, perfect connection.
I didnt need to adjust any settings, and I have just spent a couple of hours playing my nephew over xbox live at modern warfare 2, and got my ass kicked...
No lag, perfect connection.
I dunno what all the fuss is about!
torbayguy
Grafter

Re: Would you replace a D-Link with a Thompson?!!!

Quote from: mapletree
I am puzzled.  My router works fine with xbox live without upnp or any special port forwarding rules.  Are there some games that need more?

My thompson works perfectly to.
I plugged the xbox 360 into it, and without changing any settings at all, it works perfectly.
Adept
Dabbler

I've followed the instructions to the tee i will do it again tomorrow with a different port. However i have used this port before on more than one router without any problem and had it setup in minutes.
torbayguy
Grafter

I honestly cant understand how the same router doesnt work for you.
Im not saying I dont beleive you, its just I dont get it!
When mine came through the post, I  plugged in the phone line, power line, and ethernet from socket 1 to xbox, switched it on, and it was done!
All I did after that was connect my pc wireless to it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your connection being blocked by the Plusnet Broadband Firewall https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall on your account ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim) Poll removed as it serves no purpose also various posts merged into one thread ]
Adept
Dabbler

Re: Thompson 585v7 Port Forward Problem

Matt? Was it a Thompson DG585v7 which you were using when you portf orwarded because i have tried every thing on that site what it says to do and still i do not get port forwarding.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Yes, it was a PN branded Thompson DG585v7... .out of curiosity, have you upgraded the firmware on it ? (you lose the ability to VPN, but in my experience it was quite abit more stable with the v8 firmware)
Can you screeny your config pages / the rule / the MAC address of the machine you want the port open for.. ?
Adept
Dabbler

It's Ok now I have changed back to my old router D-Link DSL-2640R and everything is working fine. Thanks for all the posts matt it was of great help even though. Got ports forwarded at last  Grin Cheesy
scootie
Grafter

i allways dmz my xbox's fixed lan ip, no matter what router am running