cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from BT to Plusnet

NQY-ROBBO

Move from BT to Plusnet

Been with Plusnet now for 2 weeks, Broadband speed on the Full Fibre 900 package is horrendous, must be 4 times slower than when I was with BT. Really disappointed. Haven't changed anything in terms of the devices we use, Laptop and PS are still connected via Ethernet, minimal WiFi use for the two mobile phones we have, yet speeds are snails pace compared to BT just 2 weeks previously. Any suggetsions? Apart from cancelling Plusnet and crawling back to BT

17 REPLIES 17
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Re: Move from BT to Plusnet

@NQY-ROBBO sounds like it is going at the speed of a sloth and that isn't what you are paying for! Be quicker for me to carry the data myself to you.

I have checked the line and it's showing all green to me, so I just need to check a few things. are you using the ethernet cables we provided? Are you also able to take a picture of the setup and send it to us so we have the full picture for you? Mainly the back of the router and the ONT as well.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
NQY-ROBBO

Hi Will

Yes, using the Ethernet cable from Plusnet. Attached are photos of the ONT and back of the router, also screenshots of the performance test results and the availability checker data, which I have sent on the second reply post. 

Andy

NQY-ROBBO

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Yeah that's horrendous! I'm guessing the speed tests were done via ethernet? The one you sent in then I mean!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
NQY-ROBBO

Yes on a laptop via Ethernet
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Hi @NQY-ROBBO  Can you confirm the location of the router please? For example, it's not near anything electrical and it's in a central location?

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
ghamilton123
Rising Star

Mark280
Grafter
Fixes: 1

This might be a silly question, but...

Re your 'Test Results' -  if you click where it says "If you are testing 500Mb/1000Mb product speeds please click here" - do you get the same/what do you get?

Mightn't the 'Basic Speed Test' return erroneous results when you have a faster connection ?

NQY-ROBBO

No further replies from PlusNet, they opened a question on my account regarding this, which I'm not allowed to reply to, so had to reply to the email. Haven't heard anything, really disappointed customer service.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@NQY-ROBBO wrote:

so had to reply to the email. Haven't heard anything, 

@NQY-ROBBO 

Unless things have changed, unfortunately it's not possible to communicate with PN by email.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

@NQY-ROBBO Is the question open or closed? The email box you received the notification from is an unmonitored one, so you won't receive a reply.

John
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

HI @NQY-ROBBO I commented on this thread over the weekend asking for additional information. 

Can you confirm the location of the router please? For example, it's not near anything electrical and it's in a central location?

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
NQY-ROBBO

Claudia, you opened a question re. This on 'Help Assistant' that does not allow me to reply to it hence I replied directly to the email. There are photos of the router and ONT in this thread, but I can again confirm there are no additional electrical equipment items near the router. Perhaps if you are able to enable replies via the question function we can take the issue there?
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@NQY-ROBBO - I can't change the working of the system, we use another application that integrates with the forum to message. Can you let me what's connected to the yellow ethernet cable in port 3, Is that the laptop? Just making sure it's not a booster, powerline adapter, mesh etc.

Please can you reset the router and reboot the ONT. That red ethernet cable isn't looking too good, do you have another 1 you can use (Make sure it's a cat5e not cat5 if you do). If not, use the yellow one in place of the red one and test over WIFI to see if we get any vast improvements.

James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team