cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch 22 -How to upgrade to FTTP & port phone number to Sipgate without losing existing PN account ?

FIXED
between1and16ch
Rising Star

Re: Catch 22 -How to upgrade to FTTP & port phone number to Sipgate without losing existing PN a

I remember I used these pages to work out what was needed;

https://support.aa.net.uk/AAISP

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Re: Catch 22 -How to upgrade to FTTP & port phone number to Sipgate without losing existing PN a

but should I also be able to log into the Control Pages, it wants a different ID that I have not been sent or asked to setup ?

yes you should be able to login to the control pages and yes it's a different id. It's been a few years since our account was opened but I'm fairly sure that you should have received details for the control pages login

You will need to set A sip password via control pages before you can use the account

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveg6hni
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi, I have all the emails and I have an account number starting and ending with an "A" which allows me to log into my billing account, but not the Control Pages ? which appears to be like an email address, but is not my email address ?

between1and16ch
Rising Star

Looking at my emails the original one was from Andrews & Arnold and the subsequent ones were from A&A

If I search for the word "porting" I get them all.

In any case - if you're unable to locate it, it will be a case of asking A&A - 

sales@aa.net.uk

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

A & A support should be open tomorrow 10 till 2

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveg6hni
Rising Star

I've had 12 emails in total 8 of which refer to my Direct Debit or invoice and the other 4 refer to porting my number, but none refer to access to control pages and I've checked my junk folder too.

Yes I used those setup pages to configure both my N300A & Fritz 7590 but neither can connect although both can connect to my existing Sipgate server.

The Fritzbox setting were a bit vague but I've tried most combinations of account settings.

However, if I need to activate something in the control pages then I'm stuck until I can ring A&A...

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

You've somehow lost or overlooked (or not received?) an email from A&A about logging in to the control pages.

That's where you assign/generate a password to the numbers assigned to your account; that information then has to be configured in your VOIP system to make/receive calls, along with some other technical details.

It was all pretty straightforward when I did it earlier this year, so as suggested call A&A support and they'll get the information to you.

HPsauce
Pro

I've just checked and I received a single initial email from A&A that specified BOTH my account number (for billing etc.) AND my control pages account.

It also gave ALL the instructions for setting up.

daveg6hni
Rising Star

OK thanks, but I just got an email with a one time link to setup my billing account, no instructions, no control pages login Sad

I'll give them a ring tomorrow

HPsauce
Pro

Maybe there's another email on the way now the porting has completed?

My setup was slightly different, I created an account with a new number, then ported my existing landline later.

I was notified by email that the port had completed and IIRC it was just there in the control pages and I then merely set a password and configured my system accordingly.

between1and16ch
Rising Star

I'm kinda clutching at straws here - but I see that the original message with the control account details that I received was PGP signed, while the subsequent messages weren't.

A number of email clients including, but not limited to Outlook have had issues in the past with receiving or displaying PGP signed messages - It might be an idea to try to pull the messages using a different local client or web client. At this point it might be easier just to speak to A&A tomorrow...

daveg6hni
Rising Star

@HPsauce Thanks,

Dohh, what a plonker, I just re-read that first email with my billing account ID and scrolled down to below that bit and as you said, the Control Pages ID was there in plain sight and having now read and followed the instructions both my VOIP bases are now connected and my phone number is working.

So thanks to all for your help and I apologise for my inability to RTFI Smiley

Dave.

between1and16ch
Rising Star

That's great news! Glad to hear it.
greygit1
Aspiring Pro

You get two separate logins for A&A. One for billing, one for the control panel.

The User-ids are different. As are the passwords.

The default passwords as set by A&A are long, have no special characters or decimals. I'd class them as pass-phrases (four unrelated plain english dictionary words, with each word capitalised).

greygit1
Aspiring Pro

The PGP signatures I see (and can get) for A&A are out of synch. My mail client (Not Outlook) has other irritations.

But surely this is drifting away from the original topic, and not specifically related to full fibre.