cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant reach the DHCP server

Cuppajoe
Dabbler

Cant reach the DHCP server

We have fibre with hub two router. My pc connects to it with a powerline adapter but I have tried running a wire directly to it.

It randomly just started not being able to connect. Looking at my device in hub two manager it is sometimes being given a static ip address and the setting "always use this ip address" cannot be changed.

This happens practically every time I need to reboot the PC for updates, after a few hrs it seems to figure itself out.

I've tried all the ip config release renew netsh and restart adapter, restart router, reinstall network drivers downloaded from another device. At the moment I am offline with this issue.

I looked into perhaps a firmware issue but I do not see any way to manually change the firmware.

Can anybody explain what the dhcp/static ip address issue is going on?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Cuppajoe
Dabbler

Re: Cant reach the DHCP server

After I deleted my device from the hub two manager and rebooted the hub and the PC it came back on with a DHCP address and is back online for the moment. I would expect it will happen again within a few weeks as its already happened many times.
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

@Cuppajoe, Hi I would put the blame on the powerline adapters even if you are not connected to them directly (providing they are connected to the network still) I've seen them on numerous occasions mess around with the DHCP. You want to be sure the router is the only DHCP server on the network you could either try without the powerline adapters or go into their config page and turn DHCP off and see if the issues returns.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Cuppajoe
Dabbler

thanks for your reply. I think I have found it to be a tplink repeater that someone has bought. TL-WA854RE so i need to try change its settings for the dhcp it seems