cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down

Malman
Hooked

Broadband down

Any one experienced similar to this? We moved to Plusnet and the live date was 19/04/24. Plugged in router and no issues until this morning where the internet is down. Today is also the date our old contract with talk talk ran out ( we started earlier than talk talks disconnection date). To me it seems there is crossed wires between Plusnet and talk talk but I’m assured it is an open reach issue. Anyone experienced similar?
22 REPLIES 22
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Broadband down

If you have had a successful connection with PN since 19/04, then this is just an unfortunate coincidence, especially as you have been assured it is an OR issue (by whom?), then that is what it will be.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

We moved to Plusnet and the live date was 19/04/24. Plugged in router and no issues until this morning where the internet is down. Today is also the date our old contract with talk talk ran out ( we started earlier than talk talks disconnection date).

@Malman That concerns me!. I would have expected that your end date with Talktalk would have been the same date that your Plusnet service started.

Does that mean that you didn't request Plusnet to transfer your service from Talktalk ?

rather Did you order a service from Plusnet and then cancel directly with TalkTalk ?

What type of service did you have from Talktalk and what product did you order from Plusnet ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Take your point, @MisterW , but the OP claims to have been assured 'it is an OR issue'  - what issue?. Bit murky.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Malman wrote:
Today is also the date our old contract with talk talk ran out ( we started earlier than talk talks disconnection date).

This rings alarm bells - how were Talk Talk advised that service with them was to cease?

We are in danger of assuming that the new Plusnet service is exactly the same as that from Talk Talk, which is highly unlikely.

Plusnet most certainly cannot offer voice services in this scenario.  If this is a switch from FTTC+PTSN to SOGEA (with Plusnet) and VoIP with a third party ... I wonder if the timing of the telephone number migration to VoIP might have cancelled the services on that line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Bit murky

Exactly!, I hope I'm wrong BUT its all sounds a bit too coincidental that the service stopped on the day TT were to cancel ?

Malman
Hooked

I was under the impression that Plusnet automatically transferred the service from what I had read? We did cancel talk talk 30 days before the end of contract as is stipulated. Didn’t see any harm in having a date with Plusnet before this date and the router connected seamlessly. It’s full fibre 500. The service with talk talk was also full fibre but only had speeds of 30-50 download
Malman
Hooked

I should add for clarity that the old service was broadband and phone ( talk talk). New service as seems to be the case in many now is broadband only?
jab1
Legend

All yours, SU's 😉

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Full Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Oh - FTTP to FTTP - do you by chance have one of the BT Openreach early 4 port ONTs?

If yes, then try plugging the Plusnet router into one of the other three ports.

What lights are showing on the ONT?

Malman
Hooked

2 ports I believe. All lights on except LOS
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Oh - FTTP to FTTP - do you by chance have one of the BT Openreach early 4 port ONTs?

If yes, then try plugging the Plusnet router into one of the other three ports.

@Townman i ses where you're coming from but assuming @Malman  didnt previously connect the Plusnet router to a different port on the ONT ( you didn't did you ? ) then PN must have provisioned their service as as a replacement on the existing port.

My suspicion is that TT put a future cease on the service when they got the cancellation request, and that has now completed.

I'm suprised that PN could place an order IF there was an existing cease or the Openreach could reprovision the service with the outstanding cease present (but then again its FTTP and so who knows!)

If the TT cease was placed AFTER the PN provisiion then one would expect that any TT cease would be rejected (but again who knows as this is FTTP?)

Either way it OUGHT to be possible to reactivate the service quickly , with non of the 'it takes 10 days' rubbish!

Malman
Hooked

This is the email I received before the activation date. I followed the advise to the letter. ‘Your old service should cancel automatically’- did it though? It was strange that when running internet speed tests, it still said Talk talk after the activation date- strange
Your current service should continue until your Plusnet order completes. Once your new Plusnet service is active, your old service should cancel automatically

• Your Plusnet Hub will be posted a few days before your service is due to be activated. We'll send you an email to confirm when we've sent it - please don't plug it in until your activation date
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I followed the advise to the letter. ‘Your old service should cancel automatically’- did it though?

@Malman I thought you said earlier that you cancelled directly with Talktalk ? when did you do that in relation to placing the Plusnet order ?