Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 'phone stops broadband working

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Using 'phone stops broadband working

Evil thought - how many other customers had the Openreach missed appointment problem given the time he had to spend on yours  Lips_are_sealed
bodieandmal
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
No, not for another filter! The engineer has totally fouled up your installation, you need to get Plusnet to book another engineer to do the installation properly.

Yes, I'm thinking that too.  Any advice on how I should phrase the "request" when I contact Plusnet?
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

bodieandmal link in the ticket to this thread, saying the engineer didn't install the correct faceplate for FTTC and extension as well
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Yes, please raise a ticket (and post the ticket ID here) stating the problems. If you could also confirm your suitability for an engineer (Monday to Friday 8-1 or 1-6) and we'll try to get it sorted for you in your preferred slot.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
bodieandmal
Dabbler

Quote from: plusnettony
Yes, please raise a ticket (and post the ticket ID here) stating the problems. If you could also confirm your suitability for an engineer (Monday to Friday 8-1 or 1-6) and we'll try to get it sorted for you in your preferred slot.

This may be a dumb question, but where do I go to raise a ticket?  I can't see anything on any support page that mentions raising a ticket.
WWWombat
Grafter

http://faults.plus.net/
That should forward into the right tool, once you are logged in.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm not sure about going through faults which will ask a lot of spurious questions - I'd suggest raising it directly as a ticket/question here: https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22931&wizard_id=38
Paste the following in to the box adding your availability where indicated:
My FTTC installation has not been completed correctly. The engineer has not fitted a filtered face plate, nor has he installed the data extension kit I ordered. Please arrange for an engineer to complete the installation correctly.
See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136221.0.html for more information.
I am available for an engineer visit (fill in details)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bodieandmal
Dabbler

Thanks WWW, Jelv.  - I've now gone through the question channel, and have received an email reply with a reference number, which I assume doubles as a ticket number.
Note for any Plusnet staffers on here - the ref is 98425862
bodieandmal
Dabbler

Right, I have had an exchange of messages with support, the gist of which is that I have been told the issue will be investigated by the faults team, and suggesting that I contact Open Reach via their website " to see if they can arrange for an engineer to investigate the issue."
I'm a little confused here - I thought Open Reach was Plusnet's sub contractor, therefore it is down to Plusnet to chase them.
Is this normal practise with Plusnet or am I being fobbed off?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You are being fobbed off! Angry
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I asked for the ticket to be created so that I could chase this one directly.
I have that now, but I'm due in a meeting soon. You'll see the ticket move into my workflow and then I'll update when I have more info as soon as I can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
bodieandmal
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
You are being fobbed off! Angry

Absolutely!  Out of curiosity I went to the Open Reach website where it says in very simple language that end users cannot contact them directly, they MUST go via their service provider, which in my case is ..... Plusnet!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Until recently you could raise a complaint via the front page of the Openreach portal. However, recently this has changed and you now need to log in, effectively meaning only ISP's can do this for you.
I'll address the agent later, for now if you can either let me know if you've be free on a weekday in a morning (0800-1300) or afternoon (1300-1800), I'll get someone arranged for you ASAP. If you could add the times to the ticket as well as here, it will ensure I see it (one way or the other). As I said, I'm due in a meeting imminently so it might be tomorrow when I make the booking.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
bodieandmal
Dabbler

Quote from: plusnettony
I'll address the agent later, for now if you can either let me know if you've be free on a weekday in a morning (0800-1300) or afternoon (1300-1800), I'll get someone arranged for you ASAP. If you could add the times to the ticket as well as here, it will ensure I see it (one way or the other). As I said, I'm due in a meeting imminently so it might be tomorrow when I make the booking.

Tony - Any weekday morning except for 6th, 9th, 10th Feb.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've updated your ticket and sent you a text. Hopefully all will go well.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team