cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move, Repair account, new router ... confusion

mrtoxichazard

House move, Repair account, new router ... confusion

Hey all,

So I moved house about 2 weeks ago now. Initially my move went fine, the line transferred and I got internet at my new home.

Fast forward to yesterday, I got a call saying that Plusnet couldnt bill me properly and that I had to call sales and set up a "repair account". That was all done and my new account was sorted.

This morning I took delivery of a new router and my confusion kicked in. Do I need this new router for my repair account or will I still be able to use my old router for my "new" account?

Exactly why I needed to set up a new account is kinda beyond me, and its got me worried im going to be billed twice. I could be over-worried, so if anybody has any expertise or been through the same id love to hear

Jay

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: House move, Repair account, new router ... confusion

The new router will be tided to your new account for auto configuration.

You could use your existing router but you will need to log into it to set the account details to those of the new account.

There are to dark matters in Plusnet’s business systems which appear to be difficult to fix and their pragmatic solution is to build a new account. Did you have email on the old account?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: House move, Repair account, new router ... confusion

Hey Jay,

I'm really sorry for the confusion. I believe I can fix your old account so I've put steps in place and I'll check back on the progress next week. If I'm successful, I'll cancel the repair account for you and I'll transfer your new Hub Two router details across to your existing account, but you don't have to use it. The Wi-Fi is arguably better than the Hub One though. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet