cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speeds of 0.98mbps

Appsy

Download speeds of 0.98mbps

Hi, since this morning my broadband download speed has been between 0.98mbps - 1.18mbps instead of the usual 36mbps (guaranteed 27mbps)

I have gone through the trouble shooting steps with no luck. I am using WiFi, however this is consistent with my PC and my mobile phone even when sitting next to the router. 

I have tried contacting plusnet via twitter as recommended but no luck so far, hoping somebody here could help? 

Many thanks,

Tom 

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Download speeds of 0.98mbps

@Appsy  Welcome to the forum,

Your symptoms could be caused by a break in one of the two telephone cores feeding your property. Does your phone work? If not then you need to report a phone fault.

Let us know and we can advise further.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Download speeds of 0.98mbps

Hi Tom,

I'm really sorry to see your speeds are slow. I can see we messaged you on Twitter a few hours ago. It looks like we've been a little busy over the weekend. As we've tested your line and can't find an issue, would you be able to connect your PC into the router using an ethernet cable? This should rule out Wi-Fi and narrow things down.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet