Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections with Fibre

Hanxbear
Grafter

Constant disconnections with Fibre

Guys,
I'm really unhappy with PN Fibre - I have only changed over from Broadband a few months ago, having been persuaded of the improvements in speed etc that would accrue.  I'm now paying double the ppm but to be honest the service is less.  This is now my 2nd post on the forum, trying to get some satisfaction or some sort of direction of flight in getting things resolved
.  I've also phoned numerous times.
I'm at the stage where I'm ready to bin the whole thing.  I do not have the technical expertise to wade through tons of data and to be honest not got the time or inclination, but I do need a reliable internet connection to be able to work from home.
The problems remain the same as with my previous comms - Connection keeps dropping for maybe only 5 mins, but sometimes longer and then re-establishing.  This is especially damaging as I am usually in the middle of a piece of work.  Today for example, it has dropped 4 times for short bursts.  I've been told to try different channels on the router etc, tried everything but nothing has changed.  I understand that my PC is on wifi which can affect the speed ( I bought and installed an adapter for the powerline to see if that would help), but surely it should still be reliable - I did not have these issues with ADSL.
I just don't know where to go from here - is it a problem with a substandard phoneline? Is it a crap router?
Hoping that someone can please help this time.
Thanks