cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover/Delete Old Freenetname Hosting

jcolgan2412

Recover/Delete Old Freenetname Hosting

Hi,

I made a website for my parents business many many years ago using Freenetname Hosting.
This business was sold many years ago and I'm still receiving enquiries for the business as my email is still listed on this site and for some reason is the top result on Google.
I just want to delete this site but I've not idea how to go about this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Recover/Delete Old Freenetname Hosting

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Email to Everything Else 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@jcolgan2412 wrote:
I made a website for my parents business many many years ago using Freenetname Hosting.
... I just want to delete this site but I've not idea how to go about this?

Hi @jcolgan2412 , welcome to the PN community forums Smiley

You didn't say if there's an associated 'domain name' - guessing not unless it's one of the free ones given to customers many years ago.

Either way ideally you'd probably need Support to action any necessary cleardowns.

They're likely to need the website address and all the original freenetname account details etc. as proof that the site is 'yours'.

Hopefully one of the Support team here will send you a PM asking for the requisite info, to start the ball rolling.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
jcolgan2412

Thanks for your reply Penny.
I'm actually not sure about the domain. It's a .org.uk domain, I've obviously not paid for a domain or hosting for well over a decade.

I'm sure I could prove ownership in someway with some direction.
With a bit of luck, someone from the support team will see this and reach out, so I can get this sorted.