cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a Madasafish/Freenetname domain out

Erski76
Hooked

Transferring a Madasafish/Freenetname domain out

Is there a step by step guide on how to transfer a Madasafish/Freenetname domain to another supplier?

I've had a Freenetname account forever (lastname@freenetname.co.uk), which allows me to use my domain (anything@firstname-lastname.co.uk). I only ever use email and do not have a website hosted anywhere.

I'm not very clued up so any help is greatly appreciated.

@Gandalf @ClaudiaG23 

3 REPLIES 3
zpeterk
Grafter

Re: Transferring a Madasafish/Freenetname domain out

You will have to wait until someone picks this up and they can change the ISP tags for you. You will need to get someone to host it for you like Mythic beasts or similar I think they charge £2 a month for just email

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 406

Is there a step by step guide on how to transfer a Madasafish/Freenetname domain to another supplier?

In a word, No.

Basically, you need to select a new email hosting provider, setup your mailboxes and then transfer the domain registration and configure your new DNS. You also need to consider transferring any existing mail if you are using IMAP.

I'm afraid that's very simplistic, and you should do some research into the aspects of the process.

Do you have multiple mailboxes i.e the anything@ configured on your domain ? Many email hosting providers will provide a single mailbox at a minimal cost but can be expensive when multiple mailboxes are required. There are a few who will provide multiple mailboxes at a reasonable cost.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Drop us a PM when you have found a new provider and we can get things moving!!! 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team