cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Emails failing: ESMTP server not available (blacklisted by local policy) from Static IP

Radar59
Dabbler

Re: Send Emails failing: ESMTP server not available (blacklisted by local policy) from Static IP

Just to add further - you queried the fact that it was trying ESMTP.

However I had seen this previously on several other postings on this forum such as:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Problem-sending-email/m-p/1668321                       

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Re: Send Emails failing: ESMTP server not available (blacklisted by local policy) from Static IP

@Townman  similar problem about 2 yrs ago here https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/ESMTP-server-not-available-blacklisted...

Needed the local wizard to unblock the IP ...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Radar59 wrote:

Just to add further - you queried the fact that it was trying ESMTP.

Using the TELNET diagnostic there ought to be no encountering ENCRYPTED SMTP.

@MatthewWheeler  / @James30 - can someone please pick this up?  Thank you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Radar59
Dabbler

I mentioned the other post as they had also used telnet and got the same message concerning ESMTP:

Quote:

I'm getting an error back when trying to send mail

[12743:Main Thread]: I/SMTP SMTP Response: 554 avasout04 smtp ESMTP server not available (blacklisted by local policy)

This is from a PlusNet connection

Telnetting to relay.plus.net on port 25 gives the same response immediately.

Is there a problem with the mail servers ?"

I just again tried port 25 instead of 587 - same result here.

So to be clear - I need to go through Plusnet Support and ask:

""Plusnet's SMTP server is blocking my PLUSNET STATIC IP address - can you please raise a ticket requesting second line investigation".

Regards,

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

@Townman 

Using the TELNET diagnostic there ought to be no encountering ENCRYPTED SMTP.

I dont think it is, its purely the error message that the server is putting out, when rejecting the connection, is saying that ESMTP (Extended SMTP) would be available if it were to accept the connection