cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entire email account archived

SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Re: Entire email account archived

Hi @Gandalf .  Thank you for monitoring this, and the regular email updates.  I have reported this several times in the past by phone, rather than the forum, most recently about 4 weeks before the mailbox was archived.  Previous occasions the ticket remains untouched for about a week or two, then closed and unactioned.  I very much appreciate your help on this occasion.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

No problem. Oddly NetOps haven't picked the task up in 2+ days. I have a couple of other tasks waiting in their queue as well. They're usually really quick but they're probably just very busy at the moment. 

Really sorry how we've handled things previously. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's almost as if NetOps could hear me talking about them.... they've got back to me now.

I've updated the ticket 227339037 Here with the breakdown of your mailbox. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf .  As per my reply on the ticket, I can see where the problem was - my SENT folder.  I have cleared a lot of sent messages, and will do the same for the other mailboxes.

I am in the process of migrating everything to Gmail, and using a POP3 mail client on the home computer.  However, Is there any way of increasing the capacity of PlusNet email? 

Also, while you're there, do you know why I can't send emails from my PN account when I'm away from my router?

Thanks again for clarifying the problem.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @SludgeIsland,

Glad to see that! No problem, let me know if you have further issues. 

I'm afraid that the a combined mailbox size of 1GB is the maximum we offer and wouldn't be able to increase this. 

As for sending while away from the router, you'll need to make sure you have "SMTP Authentication" enabled using the server relay.plus.net, port number 25 or 587, and login details (username & password).

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@SludgeIsland 

Oooops - this will be most helpful to other users - all too often the contents of the SENT folder get "overlooked" when looking at email storage utilisation.

So many users seem to miss this aspect - I have a dear friend who insists on sending photographs from his phone via email to "get them on to his computer" (rather than using cloud storage).  Whilst he remembers to delete the received email from the inbox, all too frequently he forgets to delete the sent copy as well.

In passing, it is also worth noting that some email clients do not actually delete mail items, they are simply marked as deleted.  The space they occupy is not released until they are purged (expunged).  Some email clients refer to this as compacting the folders.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.