Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email system failing today

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Email system failing today

Maybe someone still with PN as a BB customer needs to ring them and ask to get the servers checked?

John
Dust27
Dabbler

I've just called - apparently a known issue, they are working on it, give it 48 hours 🙄

BTW does anyone know where the service status page has gone? It used to have a list of the various PN services, and traffic light system of current status. Customer support had no knowledge of this page.

jab1
Legend

Cheers @Dust27 .  Shouldn't take 48 hours, if it is the usual server problem, but we shall see.

Can't help with the service status page, but they have been 'modifying' available information pages to frustrate you customers for a while now.

John
mikejohnsmith
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Tried that earlier, but got to a page to report a fault!

teamdb
Grafter

Ditto.. did have service status page bookmarked, goes straight to report a fault page, for which theres no option to report a fault with email!

jab1
Legend

Don't worry about the current 'hiccup' , @teamdb - it is being 'investigated'.

John
ksjpope

Yes, bring back the status page.
Wasted time trying to get the information from the chatbot. I suspect the i in ai doesn't stand for intelligence as far as the chatbot is concerned.
Could someone at plusnet update with an eta for normal service?
snowdon
Hooked

Status page vanished years ago, Not there since pre BT days.

I rang the support first thing today and they were pleasant but had no idea there was any problem - kept in the dark by the mailserver people I guess. Said they were referring it to the mailserver support and it would take 48-72 hours. Not acceptable in this day and age of everything working via email.

I use a desk-top and have noticed a slowdown in retrieval of emails recently  and my webmail connection does not work at busy internet times guess there are time-out problems with their servers due to limits within their server network. Funnily enough when on a ship abroad my webmail worked perfectly if a little slow so again a timeout problem would seem to illustrate their own bandwidth problems on certain routes in to their servers.

jab1
Legend

@ksjpope wrote:

Could someone at plusnet update with an eta for normal service?

See post #17 above.

John
stumped
Hooked

Also unable to refresh email. 48 hours to fix a key service and no service announcements (that I can find) is really not acceptable.

The lack of any kind of status page is intensely annoying.

PeterB1
Rising Star

I  have this problem in a big way.

I have full fibre PN broadband and use a PN email address on IMAP which I access from Office 365 on PC, abd the Mail apop on iPhone and iPad.

Everything was working perfectly until this morning with Inbox and Sent folders synchronising. But everything's gone crazy all day today on all the above devices - and it's no better on PN webmail.  All devices are having trouble accessing PN servers. The results are random. My iPhone Inbox has 14 messages received today, My Office 365 Inbox has only four, the l ast of which was at 11.30 this morning. Meanwhile, the Sent folder on my iPhone has disappeared altogether!

PLEASE PLUSNET - SOME INFORMATION PLEASE!

JamesE
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

This is quite intolerable. It's bad enough at the best of times but no service at all is the end. I nearly abandoned it a while back but now I shall just have to bite the bullet and switch all my contacts (banks, shops etc. - bu***r!) to gmail. On the other hand that will mean that when my current contract expires that I can leave BT/Plusnet with no further hassle and it will bl***y serve them right.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro

Currently, Plusnet email seems to have finally died. Has it been switched off?

Even using Squirrel Mail gets you nowhere.

jab1
Legend

@pvmb NO it hasn't - it it is suffering from its usual quarterly foul-up, which PN are aware of and which they are sorting. As a point of interest, mine is still working, albeit slowly at times, but MailWasher is not throwing up any 'failure to connect' message.

John
pvmb
Aspiring Pro

Well, both Squirrel Mail and the normal RoundCube mail are certainly failing to connect.