cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

streaming issues and also devices not working with time caspule

jbenmore

streaming issues and also devices not working with time caspule

Hi
I recently joined plusnet from talktalk. I have had two main issues since joining. Firstly, all of my ipads cannot stream content from netflix, iplayer etc or even browse via my Apple Time Capsule network - I have had to switch all of them to the network offered by my plusnet router. This was manageable, but not what I wanted. It had always worked flawlessly with Talktalk.
Secondly, we have real issues with streaming any content, especially via 4OD, and trying to watch football on BTsport last night was horrendous. These issues get decidedly worse from around 8pm. and often HD is not possible via iplayer, which is a huge frustration and it keeps buffering. My speed comes out at about 16mbps when I try it on speedtest.net but I know due to plusnet's notoriously tight traffic shaping that it is almost pointless looking at this reading. (Is there a website that will give me a true record of the speed at which I am able to stream?)
So bottom line, unless I am able to stream content successfully and not suffer too much from unreasonable traffic shaping when downloading- and hopefully fix the issue with my Time Capsule-( which may be my fault), I will be going back to Talktalk.
Thanks for any advice