cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are Broadband Usage Stats?

Innovations
Grafter

Where are Broadband Usage Stats?

I currently enjoy Plusnet's amazing 3.84Mbps service (832 ms ping, 0.14 Mbps upload). Unfortunately it doesn't always hit those supersonic levels but it's truly amazing what you can do with 1.0 Mbps.

But enough is enough. It gets worse and Plusnet have no ability whatsoever to improve things or even find out what's happening to the infrastructure. I therefore need to move to mobile or satellite.

I used to be able to see my usage. I need that to select a new package. Can you tell me where this data is hidden on the Plusnet site?

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Where are Broadband Usage Stats?

@Innovations 

As far as I know since Plusnet broadband became unlimited this data is no longer available to customers.

Regarding your speed, Plusnet can only supply you what is available from Openreach. If you are not getting the speeds shown as available here then come back for further advice:  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@Innovations 

You can get some data from the router.

On a Plusnet Hub 2, go to 192.168.1.254 > Advanced Settings > Technical Log

There is an entry there for "Data sent / received", but note that this will reset at each disconnect / reconnect.

I don't know if there is an equivalent for the Hub 1, if that is what you have.

Innovations
Grafter

Thanks Baldrick. I'm getting 0.37. I know what you're going to say "In the old days 0.0024 was good enough to do internet banking, so just count your blessings" but I'm paying Plusnet full whack and getting scraps of packets every now and again. People further up the Iron Age line in this village are getting half-decent speeds.  It's not fair. 

Innovations
Grafter

Thanks Mr Paul. I actually managed to log on to the Hub 1. I hadn't been able to do that before. However the excitement didn't last. As far as I can see, it tells you the square route of you-know-what all. Smiley

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

On a Hub 1 you can find the stats under the Troubleshooting->Helpdesk tab.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Innovations wrote:

Thanks Baldrick. I'm getting 0.37. I know what you're going to say "In the old days 0.0024 was good enough to do internet banking, so just count your blessings" but I'm paying Plusnet full whack and getting scraps of packets every now and again. People further up the Iron Age line in this village are getting half-decent speeds.  It's not fair. 

I'm not going to say that at all. Good luck with your mobile data.

If you can get o2 reception you could start with GiffGaff and get a SIM  and take out a Goody Bag for x amount of data/money to see how long it lasts (maximum 1 month(. Thre's no obligation to top up the account and if it fails to last a month then you simply get another for more data and the month starts again. This way you can feel your way into the amount of data that you need with no hassle with an extended contract.

I have one in a MiFi unit which I keep as a back up.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Innovations
Grafter

Thanks Browni.

(Helpdesk??? Why oh why?) 

I started another thread before you sent this.

Innovations
Grafter

What I think has happened is the local council have teamed up with someone - I don't know who - and they've just finished wiring the village up for fttp. However I get the impression you only qualify if you've got a telegraph pole connection. Anything under the ground and forget it. So 43% of the village are winners and 57% are losers. No prizes for guessing which pot I'm in. 

Do you know if there is some sort of campus/radio wlan technology that can be used to distribute broadband wirelessly over over a 0.5 by 0.5 mile space? I could approach the council and see if they could get some funding.