cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Premium - is 3.2mb all i can expect download speeds

kwack
Grafter

Re: Upgraded to Premium - is 3.2mb all i can expect download speeds

I was under the impression I was being moved onto it - hence why I posted here. If not can someone move the thread to correct forum
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you checked if your exchange is enabled? http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kwack
Grafter

Thanks for the link it says the foollowing when typing in my phone number
BT have advised that this exchange is enabled for WBC on 21CN
jelv
Seasoned Hero

When did you request the change to Premium and when was your last billing date?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Let me go take a look over your account and get back to you later, if it's just a case of moving you to ADSL2+ it shouldn't be too hard to arrange as long as your exchange is enabled.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

It looks as though you exchange is enabled but your not on ADSL2+ at the moment, if you like I'll go place the order to move you over to it? This order normally takes around a week to complete.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: kwack
I was under the impression I was being moved onto it - hence why I posted here. If not can someone move the thread to correct forum

He's under the impression that he's supposed to be being moved to ADSL2 - why are you asking again?
Chris
Legend

Out of courtesy, I don't want to make any manual changes to the account without their consent, they've said they were under the impression they were moving but didn't say whether they want me to do this.
kwack
Grafter

All I want is to get what I thought I was getting. I understood that Premium woudl give me ADSL2 provided the exchange was enabled. The exchange is enabled so summised that I woudl automatically gt this.
However when I trf product I spent significant time without any internet at all which I wam still waiting for a refund got this period. I also understand that I woudl need a different router as my current one is not on the list.
As a good will gesture for my loss perhaps a new Thomson router could b sent out and myself trf over to ADSL2 is in order.
Howwver I would like some reassurances that this is worth moving over to and that I wont have to waste copious hours on phones to support staff asking questions wasting everyones time
Kwack
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You didn't respond to this post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,82155.msg679605.html#msg679605
I believe you need to get your connection sorted out first before going anywhere near ADSL2+
kwack
Grafter

I did reboot the router as I was led to believe that this coudl resync my connection and get bettrer download speeds
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you want to find the cause of your problem you are going to do some checks as I asked as you appear to have a problem with low syncs occasionally and if you are to sort it you need to find the cause (in your property or outside it)
Regardless what Plusnet said can you post the stats from the test socket - but do the change during the day not in the evening as the evening is the worst time for a resync
Other than that the latest speeds don't look too bad and it would appear that the default noise margin has been corrected.
Just to add - before doing anything can you post a set of stats tomorrow to see if the router has held sync because, if it has, you may want to see how long it holds up.
kwack
Grafter

In order to get a set of stats from the master socket - doesnt this mean that I will need to move my PC and everything to this and leave running?
My master socket is located at my front door so really woudlnt want to leave my PC connected for too much time there in view of general public whilst I leave it running?
How long does this need to be plugged in and stats obtained?
Thanks
Kwack
Oldjim
Resting Legend

about 5 minutes including the time to start your computer
kwack
Grafter

Would this work. I have another PC that I have a WIFI connection into this router.
I can access the router pages from this other PC. Would just connecting the router into the master socket and collect the stats from the WIFI enabled PC give you the stats that is needed or does the wired PC need to get the stats
Thanks
Kwack