Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical Speed decreasing and CLI

Zap
Grafter

Re: Typical Speed decreasing and CLI

Thanks Jim
I am running Win7 64 bit, I can check the MTU, on my router I think I have to Putty into it to change it.
Do i raise a ticket with Plusnet to get that interleaving turned off?
I thought 21CN was the super fast 20mb thing, my son just got Talk Talk to upgrade him and is getting 14mb, he was on 0.5mb because of a cabling issue.
The margin between your IP Profile and your speed is something to aim for.
Seems better this morning, just ran a test and got
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can you post the router stats - this will help in checking connection speeds - you may also be able to check the type of connection (ADSL1 or 2)
Also is your exchange 21CN enabled http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
as your speed test is much better this morning it would seem to indicate exchange congestion.
When you go to the checker and click on further details is it all green
To get interleaving switched off it would be a good idea to raise a ticket although a rep may pick it up here
Zap
Grafter

No hope of 21cn or ADSL2 sadly.
have raised a ticket for reprofile to 7.5mb and to turn interleaving off, i think they are busy with another issue but support ticket says 5 hours which is better than last time I used them.
yes they were all green
Virtual paths: Green
There are currently no known capacity problems on your exchange. There may still be an exchange problem, however BT are not currently reporting that they are aware of it. Please contact Support if you are having speed problems, who can advise further.
Record last updated: 16 Aug 11
Historical information for this exchange:
Status Date
green 30 Jul 11
green 20 Jul 11
green 01 Jul 11
green 17 Jun 11
green 27 May 11