cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtest as per request further updates and feedback will follow.

KJILM123
Grafter

Speedtest as per request further updates and feedback will follow.

For Barry,
First Test:
Download speed achieved during the test was - 4315 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps. <~~~~~
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate : 6812 Kbps (DOWN-STREAM), 444 Kbps (UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 5500 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 22.55:24.43:53.02 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.  

Second test:
Download speed achieved during the test was - 5406 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-5500 Kbps. <~~~~~
Additional Information:
Assured Rate IP profile on your line is - 5500 Kbps

I see a difference in "The throughput of Best Efforts (BE)" and "Assured Rate IP profile on your line is" both was done on http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ consecutively.
And now ? http://navigators.com/internet_architecture.html
KJ
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: Speedtest as per request further updates and feedback will follow.

Those speedtests look fine for your profile, in amongst all the off topic posts I seem to have lost sight of what the  issue is?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the other point to note is that the second BT test takes a different route to the first, hence the different speed.  Not sure of the exact but the BT test is a special example that A has a special BT class, Platinum I think and the Second and third test dont go to PN at all
and this line "The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 22.55:24.43:53.02 (SBE:NBE:PBE)"  indicates that you are on ADSL2
KJILM123
Grafter

@ Pierre_Pierre,
It might indicate that. But that speed could also be achieved with ADSL Max in an ideal situation. The idea I think was to achieve speeds higher than 8 mb/s on ADSL2 and 2+. When I was on ADSL Max I used to have the same type of speeds as I have now. It's slightly higher now. But not much. That was my gripe in the first post that I started here on the forum. I was seriously expecting a big jump from what I had. That is still not the case until today. Do you feel that when you have a profile of 4000-4500 and now 5000-5500 is a big difference ? Just be honest and tell me why ? I really need to be taken serious about this, because I have a bit of a feeling, I am just being laughed at because I make a lot of stampede about it, while others just pack in and go to somewhere else. You see that a lot on this forum, not even to think about those that just left and have not even posted anything here. I think that is serious enough to not take that lightly.
itsme
Grafter

Do you feel that when you have a profile of 4000-4500 and now 5000-5500 is a big difference ?

I am on ADSL2+ and currently my profile is 1750. Have been low as 1250 for a few hours and at 3500 for a few weeks. Currently I believe I'm stuck on 1750 because of banding by the DLM and I could shout at PN to get it removed but why. The only limitation I have from the internet experience is with streaming HD video and I really need a profile of 4000 to do this and this will never happen on my connection because of the distance to the exchange.
KJILM123
Grafter

@Itsme,
This is a true story. Today 2 workmen came to replace a double window in my house. They were doing the work and I gave them tea and cookies and I was nice to them, while they worked. When they left one promised to come back for bringing me the keys for the windows because he had not brought them with him, they were at the workplace. When I inspected the work, I noticed that the window sill was broken, the silicone kit was not put in all the crevices. It has now the probability it will leak inside my house, maybe one day. It will rain on Saturday. One of them had dumped the rubbish from the old window in my garden, without my permission. I gave them my hoover (a Dyson) to hoover my floor and stairs. Everything is full of dust and bits and pieces. I left it as it is now. Even one came later to come and drink with me something and sit down on my couch and chat. I did not say anything about anything except the silicone kit gaps how this is going to be resolved. I even offered him my own silicone kit canister to finish it off since he had none on him because he came all nicely dressed up at my door. He did not do it. Nor do I know if he comes after his promise to do it later, since he told me he will go to London City tomorrow and the day after he said.  My wife was not to speak about the way they had worked and done the work. This attitude I have now replicated from anyone of you in here just to put up with was delivered, because that is how it has come over from the moment I wrote my first post here about my service of ADSL2+. So, I am now interested what anyone has to say about this. I think I will know the answer on that one.
KJ
itsme
Grafter

There is a difference between bad workmanship and accepting the limitations of a particular technology. Do I want a faster internet connection? Yes but it will not happen until fibre is put in. As my copper pair run approximately 4km through a centre of a town the potential for problems I would say is above average.
There is another option to increase my speed as I very fimilar with BT local loop I could ask BT to move me to a closer exchange as the boundry of the 2 exchanges is only 50m or so up the street. So I could go from having a 4km copper pair to 800m.  
KJILM123
Grafter

@Itsme,
I don't think I have the option to get closer to a Exchange. The one that I am on now is here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/mapping/mapping.php?ecode=LWSOU
There is no other nearby or closer to where I live. However the one in Hayes http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=LWHAY covers me as well but is further away.
Some exchanges like the one in Heathrow http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=LWSKY and a little up http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=LWWDRA are completely overlapping each other. Which is unecessary.
You can also see that Skyport is set for FTTC, RFS date set: Late Summer 2010 onwards. That is what I need in my Exchange. But again this is close to the airport Heathrow, which clearly gets priority.