Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random lag spikes while gaming

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Random lag spikes while gaming

Sorry, I did mean decrease your ping time by 6ms.
lewshann
Grafter

That makes sense now Smiley
Thanks Chris
lewshann
Grafter

So after day 2 of having the pro add on disabled the lag seems to be back again. In World of Warcraft, League of Legends and CoD4 so it can't really be a game server issue if its happening in multiple places.

with in-game latency averaging 150 and spiking up to 300 every few minutes.
I really want to know what is slowing down my line, I seem to have been slowly getting less and less since I changed from the Legacy Extra to the unlimited package.
Tried both gateways pcl-ag03 and pcl-ag04.
lewshann
Grafter

Hi guys,
Today has been even worse.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi lewshann,
You're not getting the speeds that you're currently syncing at on your speed tests.
Could you run through our faults wizard at http://faults.plus.net and we'll take a closer look?

lewshann
Grafter

Hi Chris,
I have completed and submitted.
Thanks,
lewshann
Grafter

Hi guys,
I got an email saying that the fault process has been completed on my line and that there was no faults found.
This afternoon when I got home I did notice a big improvement to my net (had ~40ms in game and was getting ~10 mb down on speedtest.net) But sadly the issue is still happening..

As you can see the problem still persists, getting ~120ms in games with the same spikes up to around 300 every couple of minutes. Starting to get a bit tired of this issue. Not at all happy with my service anymore it's been like this for too long.
There is nobody else using the internet and I'm not doing anything when I'm running the tests.
I never had this issue for the almost 2 years I had the old legacy extra package. it has only started happening since I switched to the new Unlimited package.
Froug
Grafter

Do you share your internet connection with other users?
Ruddy
Dabbler

I think I may have some insight in to this.
I'm actually on glenrothes north also (cept i live in leslie, a bit further anyways, you must be pretty close at your speeds) I have 2 lines one with orange and one with plusnet. I get random ping time outs on both lines and speed on both lines varies from 3mb (sync speed) to around 2.6mb. Plusnets is a bit more stable with it happening less often. I'm begining to think there is a glenrothes north correlation here over stability issues.
Meh could be wrong, but if you ever want to synchronous testing to see if there might be a correlation fire me an email 
lewshann
Grafter

@Froug Yeah - I share it, but when I've been running those tests etc I've made sure that I'm the only one connected.
I've already ordered my ISP change today - just waiting to call PN tomorrow to finalize.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Have you been through the checks on the fault ticket response? If you have then it look's like it might be worth while us getting an engineer out.
Froug
Grafter

Quote from: lewshann
@Froug Yeah - I share it, but when I've been running those tests etc I've made sure that I'm the only one connected.

OK - just wanted to check as I was getting terrible lag when others were streaming video (fixed with a profile change)