Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Plusnet informed me their system stoped my internet service

@Aimeep wrote:
No I'm not pressing the password override.
I tried the password override when I could not access the router because I could not log in .
I do not use that tiny button then use password overide.
That was tried as a last resort when no trouble shooting worked .

You've lost me - so you're not pressing password override, where's that button?

You don't need to override anything to access the router, you just use the correct details off the card.

The tiny button reverts the hub to a 'new' state, like it was when it was plugged in for the very fist time, albeit with the firmware it was last using.

@Aimeep wrote:
Yes I know that button resets the router but you cannot change your password via the router unless you set new password and hold down the top left had button .
Was tried as last solution left 

Good, but you don't need to access the router after a factory (20 second press) reset as everything should be reverted to a BNIB state (again with the last firmware installed running on it) and the thing you'd need to do is either press the WPS button or without pressing WPS then the only information you'd need is the SSID and wifi password.

Why do you keep trying to access the router?What are you trying to achieve by doing this?

@Aimeep wrote:
Yes username correct checked with Plusnet .
Can access member centre with it just router refuses to acknowledge it anymore .

Your username (eg AimeeP) is only needed to access your online account or it's requested when you call. IF the router was working correctly then your username is automatically 'installed' into the routers connection details. You shouldn't need to input this yourself if you're using their supplied router

After a factory reset the routers username reverts to setup@plusdsl.net and after the router has 'spoken' to it's 'mothership' then mother gives it your username.

@Aimeep wrote:
Username shows as incorrect when trying to log into router.
Password does not show as incorrect but can non longer get passed the admin page as the image shows

So you know or you've been told or the router has told you the username is incorrect? When YOU try to access the router then you'd need the Admin Password off the card, it's not YOUR Plusnet username.

You need to use the admin password off the card to gain access to the router, nothing more nothing less

Are you 100% sure you're using the right details off the card to access the router?

Have you or can you try using the ethernet cable that came with the router and connect that to the laptop, then switch the laptop on and see if you can access the hub using a ethernet connected laptop?

edit. Also you're not using your account password are you to gain access to the router?

The only place that's normally needed is when you go to your account.

Again after speaking to mother, she would also tell the router your password too, but this should be an automated process.

Aimeep
Grafter

I know my username is not the admin password.
Admin and password worked fine to get me into router settings . Password was fine as I said just stopped recognising username three days ago when internet ceased working .
.That worked you get me to router settings .
I then put in my username then @plusdsl.net and then my password . It had already reverted to set.up@plusdsl.net when internet stopped working after I logged in with admin I had not changed anything .
Trouble shooting told me to put in username and password as I say username ceased being recognised by router .
DS
Seasoned Champion

Good 😁

But you said you couldn't access the router? 🤔

As the router cannot obtain the account username then it's either stopped talking to 'mother', which indicates a failed router,or the router thinks the line has been disconnected 😯

What worked? 😮

You having to manually input your username and account password into the router means something ain't right 😕 It should be an automated process, but even after manually configuring the router it still should have spoken to mother unless the line to mother is broken.

But those images don't relate to your last post 🙄

Aimeep
Grafter

No they relate to first I did not know how to post images until Mav explained in private message because these were the configurations I was getting directly after the internet stopped working . Some of the community were getting annoyed with me because they thought I was not posting images on purpose but I explained I did not know how to .
Aimeep
Grafter

No I cannot access the router. I've been saying that for two and a half days .
I could access it on first day for a few hours through admin but when I tried to type in username on router settings it would not recognise it .
Aimeep
Grafter

Now the admin password is no longer recognised.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Aimeep - I doubt it's your intention, but it is very difficult to establish what is happening here and there is a fair bit of contradictory info in this forum thread.

When I last replied, I was under the impression that your hub had a steady blue LED but it seems instead, that it is flashing orange? Flashing orange suggests that it is unable to establish a working link with your local green cabinet. This has nothing to do with access to the router/hub or any of your usernames passwords (few of which you should need to enter/amend manually).

There's also the confusing situation whereby you seem to have a Hub One, despite it being a Hub Two that's registered against your account (assuming I'm looking at the right one - the email addresses line up, so I assume I am).

As far as I can tell, your service is active, and has not been switched off/disabled/blocked at Plusnet's side; something else is the cause.

Your broadband is set-up like this: -

YOU ----- YOUR HUB ----- YOUR PHONE SOCKET ----- BT GREEN CABINET ----- WHOLESALE NETWORK ----- PLUSNET NETWORK

A flashing orange light suggests a problem in one of the locations marked below. This is way before any username or password is used to grant you access to the Plusnet network: -

YOU ----- YOUR HUB --X-- YOUR PHONE SOCKET --X-- BT GREEN CABINET ----- WHOLESALE NETWORK ----- PLUSNET NETWORK

Because of the confusing situation with the router mismatch, I am going to request that a new hub is shipped to you. Note however, that given the evidence, I very much doubt this will resolve your problem. It's looking increasingly like it's a problem with the physical line itself.

Assuming the new router does not help (should arrive tomorrow), then you will need to perservere with support in getting an engineer back out to the property. In doing so, I would recommend you do not engage in any discussion with them about usernames/passwords etc. or what you peronsally suspect to be the problem as it sounds like it may be confusing things.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

DS
Seasoned Champion

@Aimeep 

When the new router arrives do the following in the following order:

• Switch the old router off at the mains socket switch and unplug the power supply adapter.
  • Unplug the white cable (with the grey ends) out of the phone socket - if that white cable has a white/greyish box (microfilter) in between that cable and the phone socket unplug that too.
  • Connect (if one was there before) the white box into the phone socket.
  • Plug one end of the new white cable into that box- if one was there)
  • Plug the other end of that white cable into the grey broadband socket on the Hub Two
  • Plug the power cable into the Hub Two
  • Plug that power supply into the mains socket and switch it on
  • Then just leave it alone for 10 mins

Assuming the light is now BLUE:

• Using your wifi enabled devices, go to each one and then go into the wifi setting and see if you can see the new Hub Two WiFi SSID - the beginning bit will still look similar to the old one eg PLUSNET-xxxxxxxxxx
  • Slide the card out the back of the router, look at the section headed Connect to your Wi-Fi and type the wireless password/key (its the 2nd 'code' down on the card making sure you copy it exactly as it's written ( including and uppercase and lowercase letters)

Thanks for arranging a replacement Bob 👍

Aimeep
Grafter

I spoke to Plusnet today at the moment they are not sending a new router .
The light has taken 5 days to turn blue but I now cannot put in the admin password as the hub does not accept it although it's on the card at back of router .
My Roku service says my TV is connected via wi fi but I cannot view any TV apps I have as there's now an error msg saying the apps can no longer load because they cannot be reinstalled from the network !
They are already installed so I dint understand.!
Settings on Roku say I'm connected but still cannot watch any TV .
Anyone know what the issue could be?
Thank you .
DS
Seasoned Champion

@Aimeep wrote:
I spoke to Plusnet today at the moment they are not sending a new router .

I'm not sure why you spoke to Plusnet today, Bob was arranging for a newer version of the Plusnet Hub to be delivered, but regardless there is every chance Bob has sent one anyway.

@Aimeep wrote:
The light has taken 5 days to turn blue but I now cannot put in the admin password as the hub does not accept it although it's on the card at back of router .

That's great news that it's now back to blue.Sounds like whatever broke fixed itself - hopefully you leave the router plugged in and switched on 24/7 and only power it up when you need to use the internet.

I have no idea why you're still trying to access the router using the admin password. The average user of the router should never need to access it's menus

I would have suggested that you now press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds, but I'm not going to as I don't want the responsibility that it won't go back to blue after the reset.

But if YOU choose to press and hold it for 20 seconds and it works and every device can then reconnect, either by the WPS button or by manually connecting them then this is something you need to decide

(unrelated to this thread, so no need to comment, but I walked away from these forums in 2019 and only came back due to a DNS issue and thought I'd give it a day or so to see how things went. I'm walking back towards the exit as I type this reply)

@Aimeep wrote:
My Roku service says my TV is connected via wi fi but I cannot view any TV apps I have as there's now an error msg saying the apps can no longer load because they cannot be reinstalled from the network !

I can't advise on this as I've never used Roku box or the Roku App, but again it's your choice but sometimes switching things off and on again can sometimes make them work again

@Aimeep wrote:
They are already installed so I dint understand.!
Settings on Roku say I'm connected but still cannot watch any TV .
Anyone know what the issue could be?
Thank you .

Without actually having used it, nor helped anyone using Roku, I can only hope others offer advice. But do bear in mind restarting devices can sometimes make them work again, but that's up to you.

DS
Seasoned Champion

(I messed some of that reply up and ran out of time to edit)

So, adding the corrections here:

That's great news that it's now back to blue. Sounds like whatever broke fixed itself or somebody found an issue and fixed it - hopefully you leave the router plugged in and switched on 24/7 and don't only power it up when you need to use the internet.

The unrelated to this thread bit was in no way aimed at AimeeP

(my bad for the above missing bits in my previous reply)

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Aimeep wrote:
I spoke to Plusnet today at the moment they are not sending a new router.

The Hub Two router was dispatched and has since been delivered.

This now sounds like what I thought the original situation to be.

Since yesterday afternoon, your connection attempts are now reaching the Plusnet servers. I have managed to locate the full serial of what I think belongs to your Hub One and associated it properly with your account.

If you factory reset it one more time by holding something into the reset pinhole at the rear of the unit until the status light flashes green, then I am quietly confident that service will be restored within 5 mins or so.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Aimeep
Grafter

Problem is still unresolved . Tried all suggestions no results .
Aimeep
Grafter

All the suggestions you made unfortunately did not work ! It seems that the password has stopped being recognised by the router so Plusnet had to change it . They said it's off because that should not have happened .
It then worked for one a half days and again ceased working again exactly the same time is ceased working last time which is 7.30pm.

So again I no longer have internet access you TV it mobile phone and this time when I click wi fi on my phone a message comes up to say my wi fi and internet has been blocked by the router in access settings .
I've not accessed the router or fine anything . I also cannot access my TV either as this uses internet .
It seems the broadband stops working at a specific time which is 7.30pm and the password Plusnet gave me is no longer working .

I think my router is bring hacked if the passwords are constantly ceasing to be recognised by the router as once the password is changed the broadband no longer recognises it within 24 hours and I'm back with zero service .
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

@Aimeep Two questions - (1) Have you received the new Hub, Bob Pullen intimated earlier that it is marked as delivered and (2) Have you tried the reset instructions he also provided earlier, if you are still using the original one?

John