cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN - major service incident

marypalmer

Re: PN - major service incident

My sure start box went down yesterday morning would this I ncident have done that as now no mobile phone connection
mwerle
Grafter

Internet working again (for now) - left router unplugged for ~1hour as per recommendation earlier in this thread.  Shorter (~10min) wait times which I had tried before finding this thread hadn't worked.  Either coincidence, or you do have to wait for something to time out server-side in order to reconnect.
Rich28
Dabbler

I'm also belighted by this issue here in Sheffield. On the last occasion when we suffered this sought of outage the extent of Plusnet's support was that I should have reported the problem to technical support via the broadband fault checker service, but this time around I can't even do that!!! The fact that we should have so many of these outages and the approach taken by Plusnet in handling them is appalling
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

PlusNet do need to do better in the context of a MSO, but that is a debate for tomorrow...
They also need to explain why these events are happening... but complaining about those things today does not move the situation forwards.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GeordieMark
Grafter

Back up here now!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

back on after leaving it disconnected for 2.5 hours.. didn't reboot the OR modem.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: mitch0
There's my day of work down the drain. Thanks Plusnet.
Any sort of timescale yet for when they are going to fix it?

Why on earth are you subscribing to a "cheap as chips" domestic broadband supplier if you are using it for essential work?
You should be using a business grade supplier with defined SLA's and umpteen backup plans if BB is essential to you for whatever reason - and yes you will pay a lot for it.
Tabbycat
Dabbler

During the outage I left my TG589vn alone and thankfully the PPPoE managed to sort itself automatically, so now back on line.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Mine went down about 10.15, I was on Pcl bng-04. It came back about 20 minutes ago, now on Pcl-bng01. I did absolutely nothing to either my modem or router, as advised by the recorded message on the PN support #.

Mark
Grafter

@x47c
If you find one with true uptime guarantees on their edge kit let me know.
There are 10's of thousands of business customers using Plusnet due to the excellent business packages, superb, dedicated business support and enhanced care levels available to business customers. What's letting that down, is sub standard edge kit.
A relatively recent infra change needs resolving, quickly. If that's done, then Plusnet are back to being a good choice for Businesses, if not, then the answer is obvious.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

I do hope they actually fix the problem, I wouldn't mind if there was a kernel fault in the gateway and they were forced to do a reboot once a week (to prevent the problem taking several hours to fix when it takes a wobble) so long as they announced the problem, clearly something is needed as this isn't the first time this problem has kicked off on a weekend.
anyhow its back up for now and hopefully will stay that way
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
valart
Grafter

Back online in Barnet after a couple of hours,I have a old router I thought it died.
subi211
Dabbler

Back up for me now as well.  Thanks for coming out on a Sunday.  ^__^
AdamD
Grafter

My internet  light has now gone red Sad
Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1