cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet all day and no update from Plusnet - is that normal?

Ninbaylands

No Internet all day and no update from Plusnet - is that normal?

My Internet has been down since just after 3am this morning, so I reported it by text first thing. I got a message back that there is an issue with the network and that an Openreach engineer will investigate.

I've heard nothing since and have been given no timescales ... how long should it normally take to get some sort of an update? I work hybrid, so I depend on my Internet connection for work.

I'm worried because I see some people have posted here that they've been without Internet for months ... I can't afford for that to happen.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 415

Re: No Internet all day and no update from Plusnet - is that normal?

I've heard nothing since and have been given no timescales ... how long should it normally take to get some sort of an update?

@Ninbaylands im afraid Openreach work at their own pace and give very little in terms of timescales , especially if its a major outage.

I work hybrid, so I depend on my Internet connection for work.#

If thats the case , the  I suggest you investigate some from of backup connection via 4/5g. Residential internet service faults are fixed on a 'best efforts' by Openreach. You can pay extra with some ISP's for an 'Enhanced care' level of support on business connections which gives a guaranteed support SLA .

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ninbaylands

Thanks for the information and advice Smiley

Crumbs, even my employer doesn't have a backup connection ... if their Internet goes out, they send us all home to work (I guess that's a back up of sorts!) I worked on hotspot yesterday, but it's far from ideal because the 4g service where I am is very patchy and involves balancing my phone near an open window in the right spot. Even then I get drops that boots me out of the systems I'm in. I guess that's the joy of living in rural Dorset.

Fingers crossed Openreach get to me soon, but I won't hold my breath!
Ninbaylands

Ohhh - it's back up! My Unifi UDM has started sending me happy messages. All is good, and kudos to Openreach for not taking too long to fix it!