Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New vdsl Modem

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: New vdsl Modem

I recommend broadbandbuyer as they are very quick delivery. But, of course they quoted £71.16 for the new VDSL Modem Router soon this month ETA 18/09/2014 http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/products/17047-tp-link-td-w9980/
westbusker
Grafter

goldenfibre, I will send one back, as you say I don't want to get billed twice!!
MisterW, looking further down the thread it looks like it's possible to cross flash the W8980 with W9980 firmware. Might bottle it & just pay the extra £12 for the W9980.
Cheers lads.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

That won't be in stock for a few more weeks.

They are currently in the process of being shipped to the Uk. Final UK firmware just being tidied up.
baby up, especially vdsl side of things. Who do I ask

It should be very easy for Plusnet users.  There will be a quick set up which will take care of most of the configuration
Ive not seen the final release firmware yet with full quickstart menu, but they have been supplied with the details needed to auto-setup for Plusnet/BT etc for vdsl.
It should be simply a case of selecting ADSL or VDSL, then selecting your ISP from a dropdown menu, then entering your username and password.  
Even without the quick-start its still quite intuitive.  Although the interface isnt the same... all the info you need to input  is here
http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/zyxel_VMG8324-B10A_vdsl_setup.htm    
What do you guys think to this kit,

As this isnt yet available for purchase, unfortunately there wont be any public feedback yet.  But hopefully something should be released quite soon Wink
kitz
Aspiring Pro

There seems to be some confusion in this thread between the TD-W8980 and TD-W9980.   They are very similar units TD-W9980 being the combined VDSL modem router.
Although someone has been able to flash a TD-W8980 with TD-W9980 firmware.  That isnt the new UK firmware what he's used and theres more up to date versions.   AFAIK its not a straight forward flash and you'd need to use a TTL serial adapter - best asking zhadoom if you want more info on that.
westbusker
Grafter

Ok, so if I managed to get hold one these W9980 before my activation date of the 25/09  am I best leaving the BT Modem in place for a few days once the engineer has been for the install. Does it have to sync & settle in before I start swapping kit.
Sorry for the dumb question but where will I be able to access my vdsl plusnet username & password to enter into the new Modem/Router ?
Cheers.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 406

Sorry for the dumb question but where will I be able to access my vdsl plusnet username & password to enter into the new Modem/Router ?
It's the same username as the one you use to login to the member centre but with @plusdsl.net on the end. See here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

TP-LINK TD-W9980 SIMULTANEOUS DUAL-BAND DUAL-WAN ADSL/VDSL2 WIFI ROUTER
(600MBPS N) NOW IN STOCK!
For more information or to order see:
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=17047
Regards,
Broadbandbuyer.co.uk
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I wonder if it support vectoring? 
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

No it won't support vectoring! For BT who bring out vectoring roll out - don't think it won't happen for a long while yet for all of us. I just ordered one myself! And will test it myself in due course.
westbusker
Grafter

HI Goldenfibre,
Do me a favor & let me know how you get on with this new router as I won't be ordering mine until w/c 22/09 as my install data is 25/09.
I know I already asked this question but am I best leaving the BT Modem in place for a few days once the engineer has been for the install. Does it have to sync & settle in before I start swapping kit.
Cheers.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Hi Westbusker
Sure will do. As it will arrived tomorrow as I will set it up and see how it go. Wink
kitz
Aspiring Pro

As its now for sale in the UK, then I guess I can release this
TP Link TD-W9980 - Review
@goldenfibre - I'd be interested to know which firmware yours comes with.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@ kitz will let u know tomorrow of what firmware it come with!
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

This one Planet VDR-300NU VDSL2 Router will support profile 30a and vectoring http://www.planet.com.tw/en/product/product.php?id=48509#ov
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Got TP Link TD W9980 but it nightmare as it won't work with Plusnet FTTC with plusnet username/password because as I cannot get VDSL2 working with plusnet FTTC?
What are the correct setting for FTTC Plusnet below:
Isp list: ?
PVC: ?
Connection Type: ?
Encapsulation Mode: ?
L2 Interface Type: vdsl / vdsl2 ?
Enable Vlan: ID tick or untick ?
VID: (1-4094) ?
PPPoE or PPPoA ?