Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TG582n FTTC firmware - 10.2.5.2 - For testing

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: New TG582n FTTC firmware - 10.2.5.2 - For testing

I seem to recall previously that the main issue with NTFS support was there was not enough capacity in the flash memory for both this and IPv6.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
amcclean
Rising Star

Def. looking for NFTS support.

Paper work for the router says it can handle more than one drive. I have two attached via USB hub and I can only use one at a time.  Can it should it support more than one at a time.
podman
apjashley1
Grafter

@npr
That's weird, I found that it now saves my username and password by default on any browser - you have to actively click a button to use a different username
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: NTFS support, see: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104248.0.html or specifically: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104248.msg887967.html#msg887967
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
apjashley1
Grafter

I've found a broken link.
On the system configuration page http://dsldevice.lan/cgi/b/cfg/cfg/?be=0&l0=1&l1=1
The link towards the top of the page leads to http://dsldevice.lan/ewizard.htm which doesn't work, the same link at the bottom of the page leads to the (new) wizard.
mattturner
Grafter

Quote from: npr
2) Haven't made a determined effort to change this yet, but rather suspect "admin" will not have sufficient privileges for remote access.
Error message I get when trying to change this with the script method ( http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#root ) "[mlp] Current user isn't allowed to add another user with specified role."

Role=root? I'm not sure that's been a is a defined role for any of our firmware versions. The default user 'admin' I think has role of 'administrator'. Can you check the list of roles defined and see if root is one of them? ":mlp role list"
EDIT: I've just checked, and the role root is available in the list, I've never used it though... Does it work on previous version of Plusnet firmware?
{Administrator}=>:mlp role list 
Role                Parent              Description                       
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Administrator        TechnicalSupport    Any service and any access from LAN/Local origin only
LAN_Admin            Administrator        Only LAN related configurations from any Channel/Origin
PowerUser            Administrator        GUI(Service/overview page)via http/https from LAN origin
root                -                    The superuser                     
SuperUser            root                Any service and any access from LAN/WAN/LOCAL
TechnicalSupport    SuperUser            Any service and any channels from WAN
User                PowerUser            GUI(Overview pages, remote assistance) via HTTP/HTTPS from LAN
WAN_Admin            Administrator        Only WAN related configurations from any Channels/Origin
WebsevUser          TechnicalSupport    Webservice access via secured HTTP from WAN
apjashley1
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
I've just checked, and the role root is available in the list, I've never used it though... Does it work on previous version of Plusnet firmware?

Yes - although you had to use npr's script method to get it, as telnet wouldn't let you give those permissions as a direct command
Of note there is also another user in the GUI called "Diagnostics" and I don't know if you need a password - security risk?
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Matt

EDIT: I've just checked, and the role root is available in the list, I've never used it though... Does it work on previous version of Plusnet firmware?

Yes.
At one point I thought I'd managed to fudge this by giving "Administrator" the parent of "root". But on further testing I've no higher privilege.
mattturner
Grafter

Quote from: apjashley1
Of note there is also another user in the GUI called "Diagnostics" and I don't know if you need a password - security risk?

Well done, I wondered how long it would take someone to spot this!
The *new* Diagnostics user has a role that limits it to the new dashboard page and the intercept pages only, it has no password and is set as the default user. This means that whenever anyone browses to dsldevice.lan or 192.168.1.254 they are able to see some information rather than a blank login page.
"Logging In" is actually switching users to "admin" which has more privileges and lets you get to everything else.

If you set a password for the Diagnostics user then... well I'm not exactly sure what will happen! You should try it out! I think you'll see the login page immediately rather than the new dashboard.
npr
Pro

Quote from: apjashley1
@npr
That's weird, I found that it now saves my username and password by default on any browser

Wish you'd tell me how.  Undecided
I've done a factory reset on the router, deleted all my saved password in the browser.
When I first entered the password the browser asked me to save it, which I did. It will still not automatically enter the password!
Now found the setting in the GUI to disable the web intercept page.
Noted that WPS is enabled by default.
Is this wise considering recent security concerns about WPS.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

CLI command
wireless wps config state=disabled
npr
Pro

Quote from: Anotherone
CLI command
wireless wps config state=disabled

Or use the GUI Wink
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I believe I did first time around, but it's now just in my list of applied CLI commands after a reset or firmware change.
npr
Pro

Got fed up with the login screen defaulting to "admin".
So I've hunted out the command to make it default to my own pre-configured username: npr
cli command:
env set var=DefUser value=npr
Cool
duncam199

im willing to try the new update if it will improve my wifi and speeds