Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fault, but how long does it take?

mikeyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

My fault, but how long does it take?

I tried to change my parents account so it was plusnet only by removing BT line rental and transfer it to their Plusnet broadband.

Thought it would have happened by now but I've just been told it's been 6 months.  My fault entirely, I'm supposed to have kept track of this.

pn.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: My fault, but how long does it take?

You will need a staff member to sort this - the (supposedly) automatic method of clearing this message on completion of account changes is totally broken - or it could be BT's B2B system at fault.

Whichever it is, it needs sorting, but don't hold your breath.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@mikeyd 

It''s too late now.  As from last September BT has stopped the taking out of, or transfer of fixed line telephone services, leaving thinga as is (but read further) or moving the number to Internet based service are now the only options.

If the cancellation of the BT phone service goes through it will trigger the cancellation of both the BT landline service and the plusnet account which will result in the Plusnet email service being cancelled. Plusnet are not providing an Internet based phone service.

There are ways around this, options are:

1. Move both services to BT

2. Move both services to a different ISP

3.If you don't mind losing the Plusnet Email service and all emails kept on Plusnet's servers you can cancel both, start a new Plusnet service and within 30 days transfer the phone number to a third party VoIP provider. After 30 days the number will be lost.

4. Leave both as they are for the time being.

Note that this last option will only work until the back end of next year when the landline PSTN will be switched off.  As things stand today this will result in the cancellation of both the Plusnet Internet service and BT phone.

Please come back if you need more information.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Thought it would have happened by now but I've just been told it's been 6 months. 

First thing to do is establish whether as @jab1  suspects, the transfer has happened and its just the completion process hasn't 'kicked' the account

OR as @Baldrick1 suspects , the transfer didn't go through and now its going to be a 'can of worms'

@mikeyd are Plusnet now billing for the phone service ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.