Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre vs Unlimited Fibre Extra

FIXED
studuckson
Grafter

Fibre vs Unlimited Fibre Extra

I’m being offered Fibre with no landline number for about £6 a month less than my current ‘Unlimited’ package.
This is fine as I don’t have a phone plugged in in any case.

I assume;
the Fibre package is also unlimited?
I would use my landline number for checking FTTP etc availability at a later date?
I would see no difference at my end, I would just slip onto the new package?
I don’t need to use the Hub2? (I have a BT fibre modem plugged into an Asus router that is fine so don’t want it).

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers, Stu

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Fibre vs Unlimited Fibre Extra

Fix

@studuckson Although they are being somewhat less than transparent about it, I suspect PN are moving customers nto SoGEA connections in advance of the eventual closure of the PSTN network.

(1) You should see no difference on your Fibre connection, and yes it remains 'unlimited'

(2) Not 100% certain, but if that didn't work, use the address checker option.

(3) Correct.

(4) You don't need to make ANY changes at your end.

John
studuckson
Grafter

Thanks, I thought they would the case but wanted to double check before I pressed the button!

Is there any way to not get the Hub2? Just more junk to store or get rid of otherwise!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 411

@studuckson 

the Fibre package is also unlimited?

It is.

I would use my landline number for checking FTTP etc availability at a later date?

You would use the address to check for FTTP since you would no longer have a landline number

I would see no difference at my end, I would just slip onto the new package?

Yes

I don’t need to use the Hub2? (I have a BT fibre modem plugged into an Asus router that is fine so don’t want it). #

That's fine but I would get the Hub 2 anyway. The BT modem is long since EOL and the Hub 2 can be switched to modem only mode if necessary to replace the BT modem

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.