Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email delays still happening?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Email delays still happening?

I've just sent 5 test emails via relay to an external address and they all turned up immediately, the same happened the other way around too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

rammie1976
Grafter

You should have sent some at 09:45 this morning Bob!  Roll_eyes
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi Bob,
test email sent just now (22:20) arrived immediately.
similar tests sent 21:29, 21:28, 11:33, 08:15, 08:12, 08:10 and yesterday @ 22:10 - NONE of these have arrived.
Emails I was expecting yesterday from work regarding an important customer meeting on Monday morning have not been received. (this is why I have been sending test emails).
My son normally receives a couple of dozen emails a day, he has had none since around 19:20 yesterday.
-  Alastair
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Just updated Service Status, it's a bit of a weird one 'cause our monitoring isn't indicative of inbound delays. Are the emails people are waiting for from external sources or  have they all been sent via our relay servers (which have got high queues at the mo).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ramidoodle
Grafter

Quote from: Tony
Are you looking at the same queues as me?

Sorry was watching Merlin then CSI and now live at the Apollo Cheesy lots of TV adverts now  Shocked Shocking!
anyways, I was looking at the email queues using our internal network monitoring tools. then notified the people on shift to keep an eye on this at 7:15PM
my emails are now being delivered normally from gmail immediately  Wink
w23
Pro

In my case Bob, both external and 'internal'.
Two more test (subject line + short text only message) emails sent 22:53 & 22:55, not come through by 22:57, earlier one at 22:20 mentioned earlier came through 'instantly' in clicking send/receive immediately after sending.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
w23
Pro

Another test email sent 23:15, arrived immediately, the ones between the 22:20 test and this one have still not arrived, nor have any of my other emails for over 24 hours now.
This is serious as I'm beginnig to think I have 'lost' over a day's worth of email.
I'd raise a ticket BUT the ticket response times, to be honest, are too long for an issue of this nature (and I certainly don't fancy hanging on the telephone for ages at this time on night).
I have restarted Outlook, rebooted my PC, the router had to be rebooted when it lost PPP this morning, I have also checked my mail account settings in Outlook just in case, not much else I can do this end.
Just sent another couple 23:23 & 23:26, not received, not in webmail inbox.
Sent another @ 23:27 to my son's address and checked in his webmail, it arrived, forwarded this one (using webmail) to my daughter's address and checked in her webmail, it has not arrived after several minutes.
Something strange is happening.
Call me 'w23'
coastergrotto
Grafter

I sent a trial email to myself at 23:34 and another one at 23:41.    Neither have arrived to date.
w23
Pro

OK Guys,
Another simple test:
I just sent (using PN POP account) a succession of emails conaining only a subject line identified as test1, test2, test3 and so on up to test 15.
In each case I clicked 'new', typed my address in the address field and test(number) in the subject field, clicked 'send' then clicked 'send/receive' before composing the next.
The 15 emails were sent over a 5 minute period from 23:40 to 23:45
test1 not received
test2 not received
test3 not received
test4 not received
test 5 received
test6 received
test7 received
test8 received
test9 received
test10 not received
test11 received
test12 not received
test 13 not received
test14 received
test 15 received
at 23:52 clicking send/receive did not result in any of the missing mails being received.
Where have the missing ones gone?
I am becoming increasingly concerned now
Call me 'w23'
w23
Pro

Call placed to CSC on this as I guess the reps are off the forums for the night.
I have been told that something will be reset and I will check things again in the morning.
There was a suggestion of a fault on my email client but I am using the same client and PC to access emails on another POP3 account with no apparent loss on that one (yes, I've sent test emails to and from my other account, it is ONLY incoming mail on my PN account that is disappearing).
Further set of tests:
alternate emails sent to my PN hosted mail and my other POP3 mail address, all the mails sent to my other address arrived, 40% of those to the PN address arrived (60% loss), I think that totally rules out my mail client or ANYTHING else at my end, this is definitely a problem with the plusnet POP3 on my account.  All these emails were sent via PN SMTP server so that side appears to be working just fine.
None of the dissappearing emails are generating a failure notification on the sender account (proven by sending emails from my other POP3 account), the CSR assured me that the senders of any failed mails would receive a message - sorry this does not appear to be the case which increases my concern that (important) emails have been lost with no notification nor any way of retrieving them.
What happens about these lost emails?
- Alastair (Walker23)
Call me 'w23'
Tony_W
Grafter

Still getting nothing from CGI (PHP) generated emails.
I hour delay with external (US company) at 4.30am today.
Header section where delay experienced:
Received: from dc1-swreg-snat.digitalriver.com (HELO dc1swweb03.swreg.digitalriver.com) ([209.87.181.114])
 by mx.ptn-ipin01.plus.net with ESMTP; 29 Nov 2009 05:26:13 +0000
Received: from dc1swweb03.swreg.digitalriver.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by dc1swweb03.swreg.digitalriver.com (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id nAT4Y6ow024983
for <xxxx@xxxxxxx.co.uk>; Sun, 29 Nov 2009 04:34:06 GMT

Can't post headers for the CGI mail as they NEVER arrive :'(. **UPDATE** test CGI sending to GMAIL address arrived immediately >:(.
Tony
paddy

I too have been having problems. E-mails I have sent do not seem to have been delivered. Did a test e-mail to myself last night and another one this morning at 08.20, neither have been received. Did receive an Amazon advertising e-mail this morning! There is clearly a problem of some sort.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you tried looking in your spam folder via IMAP or webmail?
I might have lost mail, but who knows, I have been receiving my regular mail I think
Tony_W
Grafter

@pierre_pierre - Spam box clear - I do not have span filtering set to go to the Spam box, just delivered to my inbox.
The reason that I know I have lost email is that my CGI server PHP script is sending it to my force9 mailbox, and I have additional tracking in place to show when the script is executed.
Tony
rammie1976
Grafter

Still missing in action the two emails I sent yesterday morning at 09:44 & 09:45.
Arrived at c.05:00 this morning the Sainsbury's shopping email from yesterday afternoon.