Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email delays still happening?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Email delays still happening?

Tony, has the emailed now turned up and if so do you mind messaging me the headers?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Tony_W
Grafter

@Bob,
It turned up at 9.39. I have PMed you with the header.
I may have read the header incorrectly, but to me it looks as though Ironport hung on to it for nearly 50 minutes.
Tony
paddy

I seem to be having the same problems experienced on Saturday last. Sent myself three test messages today between 12.30 and 14.30 and none of them have arrived. Usually they arrive within a minute. The tests were prompted by an e-mail that was sent at approx 12.15 not arriving (and it still hasn't arrived). Is there a backlog building up again?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately there are delays again, Bob's just posted a service status here: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1259677307.htm
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Tony
@Bob,
It turned up at 9.39. I have PMed you with the header.
I may have read the header incorrectly, but to me it looks as though Ironport hung on to it for nearly 50 minutes.

Looks that way to me too. I'll pass the information to the powers that be as I was under the impression that the most recent problem didn't become an issue until around 11.00am this morning...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Right, the queues are back to normal now so do shout up if you see any further delays.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Bob
Right, the queues are back to normal now so do shout up if you see any further delays.

Hi Bob,
Sent an email (via webmail) on 01/12/2009 @ 23:59 to one of my dlists with delivery notification - I am a member of that dlist, as are two other PN customers.  At the time of writing I have not received notification of delivery to the PN dlist manager, nor seen the email arrive into my mailbox.  Does the reported issue affect mail moving within PN the same as the reported delays for in bound mail?  [...or is the dlist manager broken? - just did a send direct to myself and it was there instantly.  Crazy]
Thanks,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kevin,
The problem affected the queues on our anti-spam appliances which AIUI have little to do with mailing list distribution. I've just tested a list of mine and that seems to be working OK so I'm at a loss what to suggest really. Is there a possibility that the email might not have made it to the list in the first place due to a client-side error I wonder?
Either way, keep your eye on things and shout up if you notice any oddities with the list over the coming days. We have recently carried out some work on the servers which might have upset something.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

reserved
Grafter

I just sent 2 emails from my Waitrose account via OE, the one to my Yahoo address arrived immediately but the one to my Waitrose address hasn't arrived after 20 minutes.
Incoming messages to my Waitrose address from other sources seem to arrive at once!
Tony_W
Grafter

@reserved
....from my Waitrose account via OE....one to my Waitrose address hasn't arrived ....

Have I read it correctly that your emails from your Waitrose ISP email account are not arriving at your Waitrose ISP email account? I could be wrong, but I think that they would not have passed through the PlusNet email system and so should be unaffected by what has happened recently at PlusNet.
Tony
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Bob
Is there a possibility that the email might not have made it to the list in the first place due to a client-side error I wonder?
Either way, keep your eye on things and shout up if you notice any oddities with the list over the coming days.

Hi Bob,
Checked up this morning and found out why I've not seen the emails - the dlist was in the CC field - I've seen this before:  dlists in the CC field do not appear to get actioned at all(*).  Me being tired and coincidental with other known delivery issues, I reached the wrong conclusion - SORRY.  Embarrassed
Ticket 31028835 raised for CC with dlists issue.  This this is now an off-topic branch.
(*) Further "names + dlist" in the TO field results in the dlist sending the email Number(names)+1 times / copies to all dlist members.
Thanks,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.