Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Plusnet charge a regrade fee to switch package

techguy
Grafter

Do Plusnet charge a regrade fee to switch package

Hi
I joined on option 1 but am beginning to think option 2 might be a better bet.
Do PN charge a few to switch between packages?
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Do Plusnet charge a regrade fee to switch package

Not for broadband packages but at present for phone packages
techguy
Grafter

Thanks Jim
Thought I'd ask as every ISP I've used before have charged to move up or down a package even though there was no telecoms work required as the circuit capacity was not being changed for which I can understand a charge being levied for but couldn't see any mention of whether they charge a regrade fee or not.
Am going to keep a close eye on the bandwidth this month and then make a decision as its a lot of bandwidth for £15 and I am a bit of a sucker for iPlayer/4oD due to my working patterns.

Hmmm, what did we do before the Internet
prichardson
Grafter

To move down packages within the Broadband Your Way packages, there is no charge. To move up from option 1 to 2 or 3, or option 2 to 3, there will be a charge.
Don't worry, this is a pro-rata payment to account for the difference in cost between your current package and the new package. We also account for the number of days into your billing cycle, so you are only paying for the days you will use the service upto your billing date.
In a downgrade, your account change is queued to the end of the billing period.
jazz
Grafter

This isn't a charge for regrading though is it?  It's surely just that the new rate of payment is being applied instantly and so is the new download limit and speeds? I think the OP was reflecting on the tendency of some ISPs to make an "admin charge" for regrading.
Does the date that your payment is taken change? - or is there just the pro rata amount taken on the day of change to reflect the period of uplift until the next regular payment date?
paulby
Grafter

The date of payment remains the same.  As you say, it's just a pro-rata amount for the difference in cost of the products that's taken.  Your usage allowance and product changes as soon as the request is actioned (for an upgrade).  There is no admin fee for regrading in either direction!
(I can confirm that's what happened when I moved from Option 2 to Pro.)
James
Grafter

Hiya,
We don't change for a product change amongst Broadband Your Way, nor is there a regrade charge to move to the Max product if that didn't happen at the point of sign up.
techguy
Grafter

That is a relief
ISPs I have used before have charged a pro rate charge AND a regrade fee, what a rip off.
Well thats me definitely sold on the idea of not moving ISPs again  Smiley