Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected but not disconnected

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Disconnected but not disconnected

For the past 2 days at about 4:15am my router has dropped its PPPoE connection but the underlying DSL is still up. The router (VR600 V2) shows nothing in the logs about PPPoE until I do a disconnect and reconnect when it shows it as a user initiated disconnect followed by a connect.

I had this once before and it went away without me doing anything - so I'm assuming it will do it again. It's just annoying because it means I have to hop onto the router each time and give it a little kick to reconnect the PPPoE connection.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Disconnected but not disconnected

@SteveA 

Have you tried a different hub such as the one supplied by Plusnet?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 76

@SteveA 

Sometime there is overnight work on the PPPoE servers which can result in the DSL connection maintaining it's connection but the Broadband User being disconnected.

In the Advanced >Network >Internet have you got the setting "Connection Mode" set to Auto or something else? Auto would be the recommended setting.

HTH

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Dan_the_Van  - yes that's set, or it claims to be. Also if there is a DSL disruption it does seem to detect that and auto connect works.  I suspect it must be maintenance work - its just a bit annoying. I might just try toggling the auto connect off and then back on again.

@Baldrick1 - the old PN router got me significantly lower connect speeds than the VR600  - it had originally been connecting at 48M+ but had got down to the high 30s and wouldn't go any higher and seemed incapable of getting the SNR close to 3.. The VR600 connects at over 50 each and every time with a SNR of between 3.1 and 3.3 and I;m right on the upper limits fir the line now - and I''m a long way from the cabinet (approx 800 Metres)

Screenshot_2024-04-20_11-14-48.pngScreenshot_2024-04-20_11-17-18.png

rockposer
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've had a similar issue the past four mornings