Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection log reset

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Connection log reset

Can plusnet tell me why it always reset connection everytimes the new billing / usage allowance date was reset every months ? It might trigger the exchange thinking the router was at fault if it kept reset the connection log every months ? I ask you this because of the 72 hours before the IP Profile will rise as it had been connection for 2 days before it was reset today at lunchtime because of new billing recycle and usage allowance was force my connection reset mean I had to wait another 72 hours again before my ip profile rate can rise from 12000K to 15000K is rather annoying.
My sync speed still connection stable at 17153k downstream and noise margain isn't that bad at 2.3db.
3 REPLIES 3
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: Connection log reset

Hi goldenadsl,
The simple answer is we don't.  The billing cycle should not affect your IP profile or Plusnet speed profile.  Neither should it affect your connectivity with us.
I've checked the records for your line which show an IP profile of 12000kbps set on 11/08/11.  There have been several sync events since that time all of which have remained in the 12000kbps bracket (sync rate between 13632kbps and 14751kbps).  I have checked your sync rate today which is 14152kbps.  As you can see this means that the IP profile should still remain at 12000kbps.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

It rather odd, if I turned off wireless on my Netgear DG834N, and use ethernet to my pc instead, the sync was changing from 14152K to 15323K and noise margin go up to 6.2db but if I turned the wireless back on without ethernet via my pc then the noise margin will drop to 2.3db from 6.2db and the sync drop from 15323K to 14152K.
Why is wireless is getting low noise margin and low sync ? Shouldn't be affect in that way ?
Can you tell me which wireless router are the best one for ADSL2+ and support IPv6 too (for future ready).
lexusuk
Grafter

Quote from: goldenadsl
It rather odd, if I turned off wireless on my Netgear DG834N, and use ethernet to my pc instead, the sync was changing from 14152K to 15323K and noise margin go up to 6.2db but if I turned the wireless back on without ethernet via my pc then the noise margin will drop to 2.3db from 6.2db and the sync drop from 15323K to 14152K.

I'd suggest that this was coincidental.
Why is wireless is getting low noise margin and low sync ? Shouldn't be affect in that way ?

Whether wireless is enabled of disabled should not affect the synchronisation rate in any way.
Can you tell me which wireless router are the best one for ADSL2+ and support IPv6 too (for future ready).

That's a matter of opinion.