cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection & Speed Issue - Help Admin

Trix
Dabbler

Re: Connection & Speed Issue - Help Admin

@ Oldjim thank you for your help in this matter and hoping it will be resolved soon
@ Jojo  on a past post ive seen that you was able to reset someones ip profile from plusnet side, could you do this for me as atm i am paying alot of money for a really slow connection
Could i phone bt myself and ask to reset me profile?
Trix
Dabbler

Hello?
Connection Type : ADSL2 
ADSL Status (Downstream/Upstream) : 4543(Kbps) / 443(Kbps)
UPDATE MY IP PROFILE PLEASE OR I WILL BE TAKING THIS MATTER TO A SUPERIOR
Trix
Dabbler

Why has the current line speed dropped even more from the .5 it was b4.... im really not understanding plusnet and what the support team are doing, all i know is you are not being helpful at all to a customer
Phone exchange:
MOSSLEY
Estimated line speed:
5Mb (This may vary between 4Mb and 8Mb) - Checked on 2011-05-01 22:59:39
Current line speed:
0.35 Mb
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That was caused by the 543 sync you reported in reply 6
There is very little point in doing speed tests until your line has been stable for a day or so and the IP profile increases.
Note that Plusnet cannot override the automatic systems in the exchange unless they start a retrain and until your connection has shown that it is stable they won't do that
Trix
Dabbler

How long is it going to take to change the ip profile on both bt and plusnet side?
Surely as i amnot recieving a service i am paying 28 quid a month for i am well within my rights to take this matter to someone higher than the tech staff which are totally no help at all
Trix
Dabbler

After speaking to cust services once again they advised me to do a bt speedtest so they could view the results, they have confused me some what

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

That test shows your exchange now has the trial profile-quantisation software installed (the IP Profile shows as not a round number). That means the working copy of your BT IP Profile has already increased. Unfortunately the reporting processes still use the stepped/time-delay system for issuing delta reports which would lead to your PN profile being increased.
Because the increase you are due is so large (in percentage terms) the automatic change could occur within the next 24 hours. However if you ring the CSC and can persuade them to increase Current line speed on your account to 4000kbps I would expect the increased speed to kick in within 30 minutes of the change being made.
That BT Speedtest mentions carrying out additional tests - those are unnecessary. If the CSC do what I suggested in the previous paragraph I would expect the problem to go away.
David