cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Technicolor TG582n be set up as a repeater?

totallytech

Re: Can the Technicolor TG582n be set up as a repeater?

Hi,
Sorry to pull up an old thread but I've been having trouble -  I have an ethernet cable between my BT Home Hub 5 and my TG582n. I've followed the instructions above - set the DHCP off, configured the IP of the router as 192.168.1.253 and checked the Home Hub 5 will only assign 192.168.1.69 - 192.168.1.250. If I connect to the wifi on the TG582n I can browse the internet etc however for some reason my desktop pc (Static IP 192.168.1.150 - gateway 192.168.1.254 (HomeHub) ) I cannot access the internet at all...
Is there any reason why a pc connected via ethernet to the HH5 would lose internet - but only when I plug in the TG582n?
Dialallama

I have followed the instructions above and I can access all the devices on my LAN via the TG582n. However I can't access the internet Sad

On my Netgear DG834G, which is set up in another room, the process was the same except that there was also an option to set the "gateway" IP address (which I set to the ADSL router IP address) - this worked perfectly! On the TG582n however, there is no obvious way to do this - does anyone know how to set it correctly?

PS: I'm using it as a ethernet access point so the wifi is turned off.

PPS: I know this is an old thread but it seemed the most relevant place to post. 

Dialallama

Any one got any ideas - I have spent hours trying to find a solution and this is a last ditch effort before it goes to the bin Sad

Dialallama

Ahhhh - turned wifi on and that was reaching the internet fine. turns out it was a setting on the ethernet connection - now fixed and working fine. in summary you dont need to set the gateway ip as this is done by the dhcp server.