Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband out since Saturday

ardtole

Broadband out since Saturday

Hi folks.
Reference Question #45739331
The broadband at my parent's house stopped on Friday night/ Saturday morning (broadband light flashing on their router).  I tried the old "turn it off for 30 mins" trick, but still no joy.  Tried a different router, still nothing.  Tried a different filter (they have the BT faceplate filter).  Still nothing.
Yesterday my aunt, who lives next door and has TalkTalk broadband rang to say her broadband is not working either.  As they're neighbours, and there's only one phone cable coming from the main road to the houses, am I right in thinking it's too much of a coincidence?
Both phone lines work, and the lines are clear of noise.  Just no broadband at all it seems.
Mum's router is a 2Wire 2700W (old BT Business Hub), and also some old Buffalo thing used to test.  Aunt's router is the TalkTalk supplied DLink.
I've updated the question on the support site, but heard nothing back - 24 hours of testing should have had results on Sunday afternoon...
Any help appreciated.
Andrew.
2 REPLIES 2
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: Broadband out since Saturday

Hi ardtole,
I have tested your line and it looks like there may be a broadband fault.  I have asked one of our faults agents to investigate this for you and they will be in touch today to progress the fault further.
ardtole

Re: Broadband out since Saturday

Thanks, just got an email. BT fault, yay!  Roll_eyes