cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help and Support?

oldhag

Help and Support?

I could not access the internet.Tried to phone Help and Support.Hung on the line for quarter of an hour.
Advisors were all busy. Following morning I tried again hung on for half an hour .Advisors were still all busy.
You cannot have enough advisors.
This is a 0845 number so the longer we have to wait the more it is costing.
It should be a 0800 phone number.
Dissatisfied customer.
18 REPLIES 18
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Help and Support?

Hi there,
It looks like there's a dropping connection there. The best thing to do would be to raise this to us via http://faults.plus.net as this will advise of all tests required, though it's well worth ensuring that the router is plugged into the master socket (the one where the phone line enters the house) without any extension cables, and also that all items plugged into the line including the router are plugged in via a microfilter.
I hope that helps,
oldhag

There was nothing wrong with my phone line.
A neighbour finally sorted out the problem for me and got me back on-line.
But what I want to know is.
Why were no advisors available?
All I kept getting was music and then a voice to tell me that all the advisors were busy and they hoped to be able to answer me soon.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well it depends when you call and how busy we are, but unfortunately it looks like all were busy when you phoned up I'm afraid - sorry about that. If you need to call up in future there's details of how busy we are on our website at http://csc.plus.net so you can pick your time when we aren't busy - the call queue and average wait time are at the top of the page.
I hope that helps, and sorry your call wasn't picked up.
mikko
Grafter

You didn't answer the bit about having an 0800 number - something i've been wondering about when it comes to British businesses. After all, in the USA it's pretty well standard practice to provide free numbers (1-800) even for existing customers. Even the banks have 1-800 numbers. I have a Chase account and all their numbers are free. It makes sense - do all you can to encourage not only your prospective customers but also your existing ones, it pays off down the line.
matt_2k34
Grafter

If you call from a plusnet phoneline, the calls to CS are free.  Roll_eyes

Encouraging customer uptake...
oldhag

You tell me details of how busy we are on your website at http://csc.plus.net
This was no good to me as I couldn't get on-line in the first place.
Why can you not say how many are in the line waiting?
oldhag
James
Grafter

Hi Oldhag,
Whilst I agree that it would be really handy if we could do this, because we have loads of different "huntgroups" and different priorities for different types of calls, it's not something that we can easily do.
What we do generally do though, is record a message when we're busy, normally something like "waiting times may be in excess of 15 minutes".
I'm sorry that your call wasn't answered in a timely fashion.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@ old hag....
If you want to know how things "used to be" on PlusNet phone lines a couple of years ago......  20 minute waiting time ... on hold.... and 2 days 24 mins to get an answer that your ticket has been received.......
read this... and all the following posts....
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80676.0.html
and while you`re reading it..... they are still giving out the same excuses......
"we are training more staff, things will improve..........."    2 years on...  nothing has changed...............so not much hope is there. Roll_eyes
James
Grafter

Hi Shutter Smiley
Just to give you some hope, whilst I'm not going to comment on the call waiting times, because these *need* to improve, ticket waiting times *are* improving.
We have a dedicated ticket answering team (which I'm looking after currently) and we've seen improvements in ticket response times throughout the week and I anticipate this to be below 24 hours by the end of today.  It's not the 4 hours we aim for, but we're getting closer and I'd like to think that we'll be able to get towards that point within the next few weeks.
Longest wait on our "generic" CSC pool is currently 1 day and 17 hours.  Like I say, I expect this to be a day or less by the end of working hours today.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

<cynic mode on>
James pulled rank and had a lot of call answering staff moved to ticket answering
<cynic mode off>
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Not quite Jim, the dedicated ticket ticket was started a couple of weeks ago and James is looking after them as the person normally in charge of that team is on leave this week.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

[me=jelv]wonders if the improvement being seen this week reflects on the relative abilities of James and the person normally in charge[/me]
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

* Oldjim wonders if putting Mand in charge with cricket bat in hand would have reduced the time down to minutes rather than hours
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The improvement has being ongoing for more than just this week, it's worth noting that a number of other people from around the business have also been helping out with ticket too. I'm very supportive and happy to give credit to James for stepping in while the normal person is off, but they also deserve massive credit for setting up the team, getting the right people into it and pushing them to focus on getting the pools down.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.